Hi there,
    I cant save numbers on my bb z10 and my previous contacts aren't showing....i have tried everything i know, even some suggestions on this forum but it isn't working...Please help me out if you know what i can do
    09-04-14 08:08 AM
    What are the contacts synced with? GMAIL, Yahoo, or are they strictly local contacts and not synced with any email account.

If they are synced with an email account, remove the account and readd or edit the email account, remove the contact sync, save the changes, edit again to enable to the sync and resave. See if they are displayed then.
    09-04-14 08:33 AM
    Thanks for the quick response.... I don't think it is synchronized with any of account, but for clarity sake, how do i confirm that?
    09-04-14 08:48 AM
    Go to account settings, and check what is synced : email, calendar, contacts ?

Below the accounts list, there is also an access to "default accounts"

In the contact app parameters (swipee down to access), you also can select which accounts are shown.

Posted via CB10
    09-04-14 11:11 AM
    Alright....I just did that, under "accounts", I have my email accounts,Yahoo messenger, twitter and Facebook...and i have my Yahoo account and calender under "set defaults"....The only option i have is to delete my Yahoomail. Where do i go from here?
    09-04-14 11:55 AM
    Are you talking about phone numbers not saving and contacts in the phone app or contacts in the home screen contacts app. There is a difference. Have you been able to save before or is this something new for you?

Posted with my Z10 on Verizon 10.2.1.3253
    kenoni likes this.
    09-04-14 02:19 PM
    I mean phone numbers arent being saved on my contacts...Also, i cant view my sim contacts...It just started of recent because before now, i could access my contacts and also save on it
    09-05-14 03:31 AM
    Have you upgraded your OS recently? Which one are you on now? What happens when you long press on a phone number you want to save? If you enter a number in the dial pad, what happens when you tap the contact plus icon?

09-05-14 09:03 AM
    Yeah, I upgraded yesterday...version 10.2.1.2977..It allows me add a number, but it doesn't store the number afterwards...When i long press on the number, i get a "cut" and "copy" icon on the right as options.
    09-05-14 01:29 PM
    Okay, I see what you are doing now. If you want to save a number from the dial pad, once you tap the number in, just tap the contact plus icon directly to the right of the number. That will take you to the contact app. If you have a number in your call log, that's the number to long press. Then tap the contact plus icon in the side menu. Will get you there sooner or later! :-D

09-05-14 01:53 PM
    Wow!!! Thanks a lot, It worked!!!..I saved it from my call log. But it is saving to my local contact, Is that okay??
    09-05-14 02:57 PM
    Wow!!! Thanks a lot, It worked!!!..I saved it from my call log. But it is saving to my local contact, Is that okay??
    Sure. Local contacts are accessed through the phone app. Now check the entry in the home screen contacts app. Scroll down to the bottom and check if it is linked to any other contacts or accounts. Unlink anything you don't want associated with that contact. Mine are much simpler than most on here. All mine are local contacts. I don't have any email contacts. My choice. Most of my contacts I talk to on the phone or text. Configure yours any way you want.

MobileMadness002 likes this.
    09-05-14 03:04 PM