Hi,

I have been a fan of BlackBerry for years. I have had the 9930 series for about 4.5 years now. Every time it broke I went and got the same model as it worked real well for me. I did not upgrade to the BB10 or the Priv as auto BCC was real important to me. WhatsAPP recently started notifying me that at the end of the year my phone will no longer be supported. That and the fact that I poured coffee on my 9930 this morning tells me it's time to bite the bullet and upgrade. I have Verizon Wireless. Is there an easy way to upgrade from the 9930 to the Priv? I must add that one of my attractions to the 9930 is that I can email and text on the go (aka driving)... The Priv has a slide out keyboard which may not work as well for me. Are there any other phones I should consider? Also I was told that Blackberry would be offering their service on any android. I am considering doing that as well. If that's an option is there any other Android I should look at?

TIA.

Dovid
    08-22-16 10:05 AM
    Hi,

I have been a fan of BlackBerry for years. I have had the 9930 series for about 4.5 years now. Every time it broke I went and got the same model as it worked real well for me. I did not upgrade to the BB10 or the Priv as auto BCC was real important to me. WhatsAPP recently started notifying me that at the end of the year my phone will no longer be supported. That and the fact that I poured coffee on my 9930 this morning tells me it's time to bite the bullet and upgrade. I have Verizon Wireless. Is there an easy way to upgrade from the 9930 to the Priv? I must add that one of my attractions to the 9930 is that I can email and text on the go (aka driving)... The Priv has a slide out keyboard which may not work as well for me. Are there any other phones I should consider? Also I was told that Blackberry would be offering their service on any android. I am considering doing that as well. If that's an option is there any other Android I should look at?

TIA.

Dovid
    No touchscreen slab is going to give you the same experience as a PKB.

The market is swamped with almost-identical slabs, so you can pick any one of them and they are all much the same.

Well ... apologies for the rant. Priv is your only hope if you want a slab with a PKB lol.
    Last edited by ohaiguise; 08-22-16 at 10:23 AM.
    08-22-16 10:10 AM