I have about 2 weeks left to decide which one I want to pickup as my new phone. At present t I have the awesome Z30. I would seriously consider staying with it but about 3 months ago it developed the microphone not working g properly in a call issue so I've been using it on speaker for all this time.
    Also I have been using a Bold 9900 for work and really like it. But I'm fascinated by the Passport and it's new features. I'm just not sure if I'll be able able to get used to the size for everyday handling. Also not sure if I'll be on with fitting it into my pants pockets.
    Please someone convince me which way to go. Of note I have a $50 off promo from Bell so I could either get the Passport for $50 or the Classic for free on a 2 year contract.

Posted via CB10
    09-09-15 12:47 AM
    I suggest waiting to see what the Slider is like before upgrading now.
    09-09-15 12:53 AM
    Passport absolutely. Unless easy one handed use of the phone is at the top of your priorities list. The Passport is big and a bit heavy. But it is awesome.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2339
    09-09-15 12:58 AM
    Get what phone suits your needs
    09-09-15 01:08 AM
    I have about 2 weeks left to decide which one I want to pickup as my new phone. At present t I have the awesome Z30. I would seriously consider staying with it but about 3 months ago it developed the microphone not working g properly in a call issue so I've been using it on speaker for all this time.
    Also I have been using a Bold 9900 for work and really like it. But I'm fascinated by the Passport and it's new features. I'm just not sure if I'll be able able to get used to the size for everyday handling. Also not sure if I'll be on with fitting it into my pants pockets.
    Please someone convince me which way to go. Of note I have a $50 off promo from Bell so I could either get the Passport for $50 or the Classic for free on a 2 year contract.

Posted via CB10
    So what phone did you end up going with? I was in a very similar situation about 3 weeks ago, same $50 credit from Bell, same prices and offers for both as you mentioned. At first, I went for the Passport and it was great! Tried it for three days and finally went back and got a Classic instead. The form factor was my main reason for going back to a Classic. The Passport was really nice so you can't really go wrong either way. Only thing with Bell is that when you get your new phone, make sure you keep the use under 50MB and 30 minutes of talk time within 2 weeks, just in case you decide to switch phones again.

Posted via CB10
    09-13-15 09:33 PM
    Get what phone suits your needs
    ^^ This!!!

Posted via CB10
    09-13-15 10:35 PM
    I dont understand how other people can decide whats right for you! You are asking complete strangers that dont even know you! Get a passport!

Blackberry Passport running 10.3.2.2639
    09-13-15 11:10 PM
    I dont understand how other people can decide whats right for you! You are asking complete strangers that dont even know you! Get a passport!

Blackberry Passport running 10.3.2.2639
    LOL the irony!

Posted via CB10
    BerryRipe likes this.
    09-13-15 11:31 PM
    Classic is the better option for what you want.

BBClassic10.3.2.2639-799Radio
    09-13-15 11:49 PM
    I have a suggestion other than what you listed as your options...

Get yourself a good bluetooth headset and wait for the Slider. There are multiple reasons:

1) You might end up finding that you wish you'd have waited for the Slider regardless of if you chose the Classic or the Passport.

2) You'll get more use out of your Z30 in the meantime. A good bluetooth headset pairs remarkably fast and you can literally turn it on and put it in your ear and it will automatically answer the call. It also works really well with BlackBerry Assistant.

3) The Passport is a big phone. This is the one thing that you MIGHT not like about it. It's perfect in every way. But the size of it is both a blessing and a curse. If you have a bluetooth headset, the size would not be as much of an issue as you can have it tucked away in your bag or jacket pocket and still be able to use it as a phone.

Anyway... none of that probably helps. I have both and feel very lucky. It's not an easy decision, for sure. The Passport is the better of the two, without question. But it's big. And 'too big' for some...
    09-14-15 01:04 AM
    I have a suggestion other than what you listed as your options...

Get yourself a good bluetooth headset and wait for the Slider. There are multiple reasons:

1) You might end up finding that you wish you'd have waited for the Slider regardless of if you chose the Classic or the Passport.

2) You'll get more use out of your Z30 in the meantime. A good bluetooth headset pairs remarkably fast and you can literally turn it on and put it in your ear and it will automatically answer the call. It also works really well with BlackBerry Assistant.

3) The Passport is a big phone. This is the one thing that you MIGHT not like about it. It's perfect in every way. But the size of it is both a blessing and a curse. If you have a bluetooth headset, the size would not be as much of an issue as you can have it tucked away in your bag or jacket pocket and still be able to use it as a phone.

Anyway... none of that probably helps. I have both and feel very lucky. It's not an easy decision, for sure. The Passport is the better of the two, without question. But it's big. And 'too big' for some...
    Never buy the first model of anything electronic unless you plan to never use it for 30 years in hopes it will be collectable.

BBClassic10.3.2.2639-799Radio
    09-14-15 01:14 AM