Hi All,

Firstly Sorry cause this question has been answered literally hundreds of times since 2007.
    However, Does anyone have an updated way to ensure my blackberry Passport stops getting the unwanted mails and spam that the normal Gmail filters pick up and disregard so I don't keep getting notifications.

Again sorry as this is a usual question but none of the answers I see actually work. Hopefully someone has a work around.
    I have tried a few native apps but they seem to work as an email client app instead of helping with the Hub.

Please help!
    07-24-16 09:20 AM
    Hi All,

Firstly Sorry cause this question has been answered literally hundreds of times since 2007.
    However, Does anyone have an updated way to ensure my blackberry Passport stops getting the unwanted mails and spam that the normal Gmail filters pick up and disregard so I don't keep getting notifications.

Again sorry as this is a usual question but none of the answers I see actually work. Hopefully someone has a work around.
    I have tried a few native apps but they seem to work as an email client app instead of helping with the Hub.

Please help!
    If Gmail's filters are "picking up and disregarding" the SPAM... is it being moved to the Junk or Spam folders? If so don't sync these folders.

If not you need to try and train Gmail what emails are SPAM... by using the web interface you can mark these as SPAM and try to better filer the emails before they are placed in your inbox.
    07-25-16 01:34 PM
    Hey there, i was faced with the same problem.

I ended up adding a Filter in Gmail that deleted all Emails that came in the "Promotion" Inbox.

Simply type in the Filter Creation Tab at the "Includes the words" Text field "category: promotions" and action "Delete it".

Hope this helped you.
    Have a nice one!
    11-15-17 03:51 AM