OK I understand what it means to unlock a phone from the carriers. But can someone explain the difference when purchasing for example a screen protector. I see so many deals that are listed for example unlocked Passport etc. Are the devices made differently for each carrier? I have the at&t passport so I know the difference of the rounded vs the original.

Posted Via my Great Z30
    06-16-15 11:53 AM
    When people say "unlocked" they really mean unbranded aka BlackBerry device direct from Amazon or Shop BlackBerry that's not affliated with a carrier subsidy. No different than Google's Nexus devices, which are purely unbranded, or even their recently ceased GPlay Edition Phones.

"Locked" typically refers to branded phones, aka AT&T Branded device vs a Verizon Branded device. Yes you can unlock branded devices to work on another carriers networks, but when most sites say "unlocked" they mean unbranded
    06-16-15 12:02 PM
    OK I understand what it means to unlock a phone from the carriers. But can someone explain the difference when purchasing for example a screen protector. I see so many deals that are listed for example unlocked Passport etc. Are the devices made differently for each carrier? I have the at&t passport so I know the difference of the rounded vs the original.
    In this case, 'unlocked' refers the SQW100-1, whereas you have the AT&T Passport, which is the SQW100-3. So yeah, things might be different looks-wise.

But a SQW100-1 sold in Canada is no different from the SQW100-1 sold in the UK. None of the -1s are, when it comes to screen protectors.
    06-16-15 02:45 PM