After years of using an android phone, I recently purchased a BlackBerry playbook. Will there ever be any decent apps available? So far I hate it and feel like I wasted my money.
    rebroker2009 likes this.
    08-09-14 07:45 PM
    Why would you buy a two year old device that's been discontinued and then except it to be full of apps.

Posted via CB10
    anon721037 and howarmat like this.
    08-09-14 07:57 PM
    Maybe I'm two years behind in technology.
    08-09-14 08:13 PM
    so sell it and get a different tab. you couldnt have spent too much on the PB anyway so maybe not even sell it and just get something better. Pretty much anything is
    anon721037 likes this.
    08-09-14 08:19 PM
    so sell it and get a different tab. you couldnt have spent too much on the PB anyway so maybe not even sell it and just get something better. Pretty much anything is
    Lmao

BlackBerry is a better experience
    08-09-14 08:20 PM
    And the award for "Funniest but True Statement of the Night" goes to...drum roll please!

From my Z30...is it the best? Jury still out...
    08-09-14 08:34 PM
    Well, you know, i love using my playbook. It can browse and stream and download music hi-quality without background apps eating up my data plan.

It is what it is. Due to my experience with hacks to my Windows computer, i am comfortable using my playbook as my main browser.

I have downloaded some droid apps from BB world, some are fun and useful, some are just ok, a few i deleted even tho i had paid for them. I just dont want the spyware that is why i choose Blackberry. Bought a second playbook in case i kill the first one, now i play with both of them.

Yes sometimes it is sluggish, but so was my Samsung tablet, the playbooks give me alot less trouble than the samsung did.

Its not for everyone, i agree. What is it you wished it was good for? Maybe there IS an app for your needs.
    08-09-14 08:36 PM
    Pretty dumb in your part...should do some research before buying an item since this is discontinued and so is support for the device.

Posted via CB10
    08-09-14 08:50 PM
    Pretty dumb in your part...should do some research before buying an item since this is discontinued and so is support for the device.

Posted via CB10
    I wouldn't have put it that bluntly, but he's quite spot on.

Posted from a D618
    08-09-14 10:28 PM
    The PlayBook is EOL. Sorry OP..

Posted via CB10
    08-09-14 10:30 PM
    I'm pretty sure he's figured it out now guys.
    IgotsThis likes this.
    08-09-14 10:42 PM
    Not the first time we see one of these posts and won't be the last though..so it's worth repeating.. I too loved my PlayBook.. 3 years ago.. now it's old.. it's been end of life'd.. nobody is building apps for it. It's day is done. It's not going to get any better.

my wife still uses hers.. but all she does is use the browser, watch a few movies and go on pinterest... know the limitations of the device you are buying.

Posted via CB10
    08-09-14 11:46 PM
    You can sideload some Apps, using google chrome... however, not all Android Apps are compatible... I think only from Android 4.1. or 4.2.
    I installed Kindle and use the playbook as an e-reader.
    I surf the web and use it to (only) read my mails.
    (I prefer replying and typing on my Q10)...
    Another use of it: watching movies or YouTube (my child).
    The times of the tab are gone... however it is stable and didn't ever crash!

BlackBerry*Q10, T-Mobile Germany - SQN100-3, Running OS 10.2.1.2941
    08-10-14 01:37 AM
    Well, you know, i love using my playbook. It can browse and stream and download music hi-quality without background apps eating up my data plan.

It is what it is. Due to my experience with hacks to my Windows computer, i am comfortable using my playbook as my main browser.

I have downloaded some droid apps from BB world, some are fun and useful, some are just ok, a few i deleted even tho i had paid for them. I just dont want the spyware that is why i choose Blackberry. Bought a second playbook in case i kill the first one, now i play with both of them.

Yes sometimes it is sluggish, but so was my Samsung tablet, the playbooks give me alot less trouble than the samsung did.

Its not for everyone, i agree. What is it you wished it was good for? Maybe there IS an app for your needs.
    Really? You would leave desktop pc and use a device which has no updates in a while specially Adobe Flash for using your details like CC?
    08-21-14 06:17 AM