Hi guys,

so I had to factory reset my phone and reinstall all the 3rd party apps. However when I reinstall Whatsapp from bb world or OTA, Whatsapp no longer works.

I get an upgrade to a supported phone msg.
    Anyway I can get Whatsapp on my Bold 9780 again?

Thanks
    10-06-16 02:46 AM
    Whatsapp is no longer supported on blackberries. By Dec 31, no one on a BB will be able to use it. You need to look for an iphone or android in order to use it
    10-06-16 05:34 AM
    Hi guys,

so I had to factory reset my phone and reinstall all the 3rd party apps. However when I reinstall Whatsapp from bb world or OTA, Whatsapp no longer works.

I get an upgrade to a supported phone msg.
    Anyway I can get Whatsapp on my Bold 9780 again?

Thanks
    You'll need to search for a previous WA version and download it.
    WA will continue to be supported on BlackBerry devices until the end of this year. After that it's anyone's guess as to how long the app will remain functional. On bb10 devices it may be that the android version will enable function until the time that the BB ART becomes obsolete..that option won't be there for BBOS however.
    Good luck in your search....link below may provide a starting point for you.

http://www.blackberryrc.com/blackber...B-os7-app.html

Posted via CB10
    Sav Sav likes this.
    10-06-16 11:32 AM
    You'll need to search for a previous WA version and download it.
    WA will continue to be supported on BlackBerry devices until the end of this year. After that it's anyone's guess as to how long the app will remain functional. On bb10 devices it may be that the android version will enable function until the time that the BB ART becomes obsolete..that option won't be there for BBOS however.
    Good luck in your search....link below may provide a starting point for you.

WhatsApp Messenger 2.6.7383 for BB os7.0 apps - free blackberry apps download

Posted via CB10
    I have the same issue as the original poster. Tried your link, but now I don't know how to install it after unzipping the file. It basically unzips all the components into a folder and does not install Whatsapp. Any further help would be appreciated.
    10-08-16 06:10 AM
    I have the same issue as the original poster. Tried your link, but now I don't know how to install it after unzipping the file. It basically unzips all the components into a folder and does not install Whatsapp. Any further help would be appreciated.
    Sorry try this link...

https://beta.whatsapp.com/ota/
    10-11-16 10:32 PM