Blackberry 8520 : Battery ran low during wipe as power wasn't switched on so so 'Radio' was automatically turned off. After the wipe completed you get the initial prompt to select language > English then it asks you to select Country... but you get a black border and no options to choose from. When rebooting I can see Radio is OFF but before I get a chance to click to manually switch back on...

..it jumps through to the first Set up screen again. So I am stuck unable to turn radio on and unable to exit the setup???

Battery is now fully charged but still radio is OFF.
    06-24-14 09:38 AM
    I've gotta think back to BB7 now but I don't think the setup was mandatory. Can't you just hit the end key to get to the main screen and the go into settings to turn on the radio?
    06-24-14 03:33 PM
    ..Can't you just hit the end key..
    Which is the 'end' key on the 8520?

I tried a tip from another thread which was to make an emergency call and cancel. I tried this and it does actually look like the SIM / Radio is now active with 'gsm' appearing. Although after cancelling the call it jumps straight back to the Language/Country selection.

Just wondering if I can to a fresh wipe / install using the Desktop Manager?

This is the first screen and English (UK) is selected

Then it asks for 'Country' but whe you click to select you just get a black box around it

Even going down to the language which has appeared for the second time and already says 'English' won't drop down and also shows the black box

This reminds me of setting up a Playbook when you can't accept or see the 'License Agreement' if you miss the Wireless Connection step and then can't go back and have to reboot it and start again.
    06-25-14 05:31 AM
    Desktop manager I'm only let you install if there's an upgrade available. You can certainly check that. If not, and you need to reinstall the same version do a search for BBSAK. It should allow you to wipe the device and force load the OS.. as always though. Careful if you are unsure of the process. You risk rendering your device unusable.

Posted via CB10
    06-25-14 08:07 AM
    Good Tip. I'm aware of BBSAK but unfortunately it doesn't pick up the device. *sigh* I tried connecting directly after a reboot but noticed the 'Radio' off again. Looks like unless you try to force an Emergency Call it will boot and leave radio off. Can't believe I'm stuck in Setup mode with no Radio.. this has to be a flaw in the process ??
    06-25-14 10:39 AM