I got my Z30 wet and it died. I want to restore a Link backup to a spare Z10 that I wiped clean and restored to factory settings and updated to the latest software version. I loaded Link onto the Z10 but when I try to upload my backup through Link it says I have a different Blackberry ID on the backup than I have on the spare phone and it wont let me upload. I really need my passwords from Password Keeper. I changed the Z10 ID to my best guess of the dead Z30's ID, but no luck. Any Ideas?
    07-19-16 08:35 PM
    You need to have the same BBID as your Z30. That would mean having to do a security wipe to set up the Z10 again. Don't forget to turn off BlackBerry Protect first.

The OS version on the Z10 must be greater than or equal to the version on the Z30.
    07-19-16 08:47 PM
    I thought I knew the ID but it said it was already in use. Yes, by me! So, I tried changing the password while keeping the user name. Didn't work. I probably had the password in my Password Keeper, which I now can't get to - thought I was ok since I had a backup. Any other options? I do have the latest upgrade and I did turn off the BB Protect.
    07-19-16 09:23 PM
    Why didn't changing the password work? Did you also forget the security question?
    07-19-16 09:56 PM
    I knew the security question and answer and successfully changed the password. When trying to restore afterwards it still tells me that the ID's are different and will not restore.
    07-20-16 06:10 AM
    I wonder if i don't remember the correct ID associated with the backup and am now trying to match it with a new password. Also, i originally transferred from a BB 9630 to my Z30. I wonder if there is some way to get my ID from the 9630 since it must have been compatible with the Z30 for it to transfer data. Does this offer any possibilities?
    07-20-16 06:38 AM
    I knew the security question and answer and successfully changed the password. When trying to restore afterwards it still tells me that the ID's are different and will not restore.
    And you're sure your Z10 has been wiped and associated with this BBID?

You didn't delete your old BBID and create a new one using the same login?

You signed out and signed back in to BlackBerry Link?
    07-20-16 06:55 AM
    I'm sure the Z10 has been wiped, but I'm not as confident about the other points. I used my old email address and changed my Z10 to the same name as my backup, then got a new password by using my security question.
    07-20-16 06:02 PM