I am unable to add a gmail personal e-mail address to my BB 8220. The email setup only allows to setup a work enterprise server email. I was provided a website link by AT&T to setup a hotmail acct. but it would not work with a gmail acct. The BB 8220 is unlocked and is on a AT&T data/voice plan
    06-19-16 09:34 AM
    I am unable to add a gmail personal e-mail address to my BB 8220. The email setup only allows to setup a work enterprise server email. I was provided a website link by AT&T to setup a hotmail acct. but it would not work with a gmail acct. The BB 8220 is unlocked and is on a AT&T data/voice plan
    Check back with AT&T.
    Legacy BlackBerry devices require a special type of data plan, called BIS.
    As your device is asking for Enterprise service, aka BES, then it sounds like your data plan is wrong.
    • BIS = BlackBerry Internet Services = Ran by cell carriers using their own servers running BlackBerry server software.
    • BES = BlackBerry Enterprise Services = Ran by corporation or governments using their own servers running BlackBerry server software.

In order for a legacy BlackBerry device to function on a data plan, it must be a BlackBerry data plan. (BIS or BES)
    You can't use Email, Browser, or BBM among other things on the device without it.

If AT&T can't provide a BIS plan for your account, see:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/tips-ho...ut-bis-996682/
    06-22-16 05:22 PM