As I said in title, when I receive a direct message on twitter I can't reply on the hub, the message appears like sending but never sends it, I tried refreshing the hub. I tried waiting, ... nothing. I'm using edge as my signal cause I have only 2gb on a month st 4g lte speed, then the speed drops to 32 kbs, witch is painfufll....bit all other services work well. The phone is a z30 and has the lastest official os(2977).... thats all folks, and I haven't try to see if it works on 4g, I noticed that recently. Anticipated thanks for replying.

Posted via CB10
    07-18-14 10:00 AM
    Nothing works well on my phone on EDGE. I blame it on that. I bet you would have no issues on WiFi. Try and post back.
    07-19-14 01:34 PM
    As I said in title, when I receive a direct message on twitter I can't reply on the hub, the message appears like sending but never sends it, I tried refreshing the hub. I tried waiting, ... nothing. I'm using edge as my signal cause I have only 2gb on a month st 4g lte speed, then the speed drops to 32 kbs, witch is painfufll....bit all other services work well. The phone is a z30 and has the lastest official os(2977).... thats all folks, and I haven't try to see if it works on 4g, I noticed that recently. Anticipated thanks for replying.

Posted via CB10
    I ditch Twitter ages ago. Have you tried Blaq?
    07-22-14 07:26 AM
    Yep, I was getting the exact same when trying to respond to DMs (ironically between me and BlackBerry Help). They wouldn't send at all.

I'm using Blaq now instead. Not perfect but better.

Posted via CB10
    07-22-14 07:30 AM
    Yep, I was getting the exact same when trying to respond to DMs (ironically between me and BlackBerry Help). They wouldn't send at all.

I'm using Blaq now instead. Not perfect but better.

Posted via CB10
    Yeah. Blaq took a while to get the hub functionality working at all, but it's not so bad now. It's a bit clunky compared to Twitter for day-to-day use I find, but Twitter doesn't seem to be able to deal with anything if you have quite a large account, and it totally chewed my OS up after installation, and anytime I restarted the phone.
    07-22-14 07:41 AM
    Having replied to this, I thought, out of interest, I'd give the native Twitter app. another try, as it's had an update since I finished with it.

It now seems to work flawlessly. My main issue, as I mentioned above, was that having a large Twitter account seemed to chew my OS up to the extent of making it unusable, and it threw up hundreds of old mentions, Tweets and follows anytime I restarted the device, and sometimes just whenever it felt like it.

Since using it at 10am today (3hrs ago) I've restarted a few times, followed, been followed back, Tweeted - all with no issue. Like Blaq or iGrann, after installing a few dozen old things did appear in the hub, but after marking as read again and deleting, it's been fine.

Slightly off topic, but in case this is useful. I'll report back if it all goes pear-shaped again.

Posted via CB10
    07-23-14 07:07 AM
    Having replied to this, I thought, out of interest, I'd give the native Twitter app. another try, as it's had an update since I finished with it.

It now seems to work flawlessly. My main issue, as I mentioned above, was that having a large Twitter account seemed to chew my OS up to the extent of making it unusable, and it threw up hundreds of old mentions, Tweets and follows anytime I restarted the device, and sometimes just whenever it felt like it.

Since using it at 10am today (3hrs ago) I've restarted a few times, followed, been followed back, Tweeted - all with no issue. Like Blaq or iGrann, after installing a few dozen old things did appear in the hub, but after marking as read again and deleting, it's been fine.

Slightly off topic, but in case this is useful. I'll report back if it all goes pear-shaped again.

Posted via CB10
    Try replying to DMs through Hub, though...

Posted via CB10
    Stwutter likes this.
    07-23-14 03:39 PM
    Same with me: I can't reply to a DM from BlackBerry Help! Although I have been able to reply to some other DMs, such as ones I sent myself from a different account. I was using the native Twitter app for my personal Twitter account and Blaq for my business Twitter account, so I would get hub notifications for each account only from one app. But now I've decided to use Blaq for my personal account as well.

Posted via CB10
    Stwutter likes this.
    07-23-14 11:18 PM
    Yep. I still the same old DM issue from the hub.

Posted via CB10
    Deckard79 likes this.
    07-24-14 02:03 AM
    Twitter should definitely work on Hub DMs. Works perfectly through the app, though.

BlackBerry Z10 | 10.3.0.296
    Stwutter likes this.
    07-24-14 02:07 AM
    Another one we need to make Clewley aware of...

Anyone happy to tweet him?

Posted via CB10
    07-24-14 04:10 AM
    The native twitter app is useless as far as I'm concerned. All I want is to get a notification in the hub when someone I follow sends out a tweet. That's it. Seemingly the most basic of functions and yet it doesn't exist. I never send out tweets, get mentions or any of that. All I do is follow people of interest and I want to get those tweets in the hub. Ive tried all the settings. Tried the Android twitter app..nothing.

Z10
    07-24-14 06:23 AM
    The native twitter app is useless as far as I'm concerned. All I want is to get a notification in the hub when someone I follow sends out a tweet. That's it. Seemingly the most basic of functions and yet it doesn't exist. I never send out tweets, get mentions or any of that. All I do is follow people of interest and I want to get those tweets in the hub. Ive tried all the settings. Tried the Android twitter app..nothing.

Z10
    If you want every single tweet of all the people you follow to show up in the Hub, don't you think that your phone would end up exploding due to all the incoming information? I mean every single tweet? That's a lot to hold up unless you follow just five people who hardly use it.

Might as well open the Twitter app.

Stwutter likes this.
    07-24-14 06:52 AM
    If you want every single tweet of all the people you follow to show up in the Hub, don't you think that your phone would end up exploding due to all the incoming information? I mean every single tweet? That's a lot to hold up unless you follow just five people who hardly use it.

I have 44000 followers (sorry for being famous... ahem ). I tailor replies, follows, mentions for me, and never have an issue. Yeah, if I post something that gets the juices flowing, my phone can buzz a bit, but even with a big following, I don't find it oppressive.

Posted via CB10
    07-24-14 08:16 AM
    I have 44000 followers (sorry for being famous... ahem ). I tailor replies, follows, mentions for me, and never have an issue. Yeah, if I post something that gets the juices flowing, my phone can buzz a bit, but even with a big following, I don't find it oppressive.

Posted via CB10
    That fame. I only have 7,000. Wink wink.

Stwutter likes this.
    07-24-14 08:24 AM

Others have made this comment before and I don't see why it matters how many people I follow. It should be an option. I only follow about 15 people. Regardless, even if I was to get 100 tweets a day in the hub, how is that any different than getting 100 emails..or social messaging notifications..or txts? I don't see where it's any different. And if I followed hundreds of people or had hundreds of followers, the option to get tweets in the hub should still be there and I could just customize for what I want or turn it off completely.

Z10
    07-24-14 05:43 PM
    I'm sure there are plenty of people who get 100 emails or Facebook notifications in a day. I don't hear that any of them have an issue.
    07-24-14 05:50 PM
    An update...

Today, my Z30 went a bit mental. Things not deleting from the hub, messages not arriving, phone very hot. I had it charging, and the % was going down at about 2% per hour.

Checked the device monitor, and my PIM services percentage was huge. I got a notification that my device memory was nearly full and to delete some apps. It was showing 15gb (normally 9.1gb).

Deleted the native Twitter app., and it's sorted it. Why it took a couple of days, I don't know.

Back to Blaq then.

Posted via CB10
    07-25-14 06:52 AM
    Any news on twitter direct messaging? I also cannot DM BlackBerryHelp. This is ironic and sad.
    -pac
    08-04-14 08:21 AM
    Any news on twitter direct messaging? I also cannot DM BlackBerryHelp. This is ironic and sad.
    -pac
    I'd suggest contacting BlackBerryHelp - the more people raise as an issue, the more likely it'll be fixed.

Also Michael Clewley would be worth contacting.

Posted via CB10
    08-05-14 02:27 AM