I never used password keeper before because I figured I would forget the password to password keeper.
    So I decided to try it. (On my Dtek50). Guess what!! The unthinkable happened. I can't figure out the password!! I wrote down some hints, but it doesn't work.
    I am up to 6/10. It said to type in blackberry, which I did. Nothing happened.
    Do I just forget about Password Keeper, or is there any remedy?
    Thanks!!

BB 9000>Q10>Z10>Z30>Z30>
    Classic>Dtek50>
    05-23-17 08:13 PM
    Unfortunately, if you cannot remember the password to get into password keeper, all you can do is complete the cycle to reset it. And if you backed them up before and saved to SD card or cloud storage, you can restore anything that was there. Otherwise, you will lose anything you've entered
    05-23-17 08:26 PM
    Unfortunately, if you cannot remember the password to get into password keeper, all you can do is complete the cycle to reset it. And if you backed them up before and saved to SD card or cloud storage, you can restore anything that was there. Otherwise, you will lose anything you've entered
    Ok actually you can't restore from a backup w/o knowing what the password was when you backed it up.
    OTCHRussell likes this.
    05-24-17 06:23 AM
    Ok actually you can't restore from a backup w/o knowing what the password was when you backed it up.
    Let's say I had just started using it, so I only have one or two passwords in it. So I don't care if I can't back it up, but if I just want to be able to use it , can I uninstall the app and start over?
    05-24-17 08:35 AM
    No ideas?
    05-24-17 09:08 PM
    Thanks. I finally just entered the password 10 times and it started over. I thought I would have to delete the app. I wasn't sure what you meant by "complete the cycle". Now I do. Thanks.
    I may not end up using it after all.
    moody likes this.
    05-24-17 09:22 PM
    Let's say I had just started using it, so I only have one or two passwords in it. So I don't care if I can't back it up, but if I just want to be able to use it , can I uninstall the app and start over?
    I think Moody suggested putting the wrong password in 10 times. That might do it.
    The other option is: settings>>apps>>password keeper>>storage>>clear data.

This technique can be used to reset any app.
    OTCHRussell likes this.
    05-24-17 09:26 PM
    Thanks. I didn't understand at first. Now I do. I also didn't know you could reset an app that way.
    So much to learn. So little time!!
    moody likes this.
    05-24-17 09:42 PM
    Password Keeper is the most important app I have. I've relied on it since 2008 and if anything were to happen to it I'd be screwed.

I have more than just passwords in there as well. I keep cc#'s ssn's of kids, and work related ID info.

Even though the bb10 version is cloud based, I still back it up to my SD card & keep a copy on my OneDrive. It's that important to me.
    05-30-17 03:50 PM
    Password Keeper is the most important app I have. I've relied on it since 2008 and if anything were to happen to it I'd be screwed.

I have more than just passwords in there as well. I keep cc#'s ssn's of kids, and work related ID info.

Even though the bb10 version is cloud based, I still back it up to my SD card & keep a copy on my OneDrive. It's that important to me.
    I have a list with lots of passwords in code. Is there a way to copy the entire list into Password Keeper, or do I have to copy each one individually?
    06-01-17 08:29 AM
    I have a list with lots of passwords in code. Is there a way to copy the entire list into Password Keeper, or do I have to copy each one individually?
    One of Password Keeper's export options is a csv file. You might be able to edit the file and then import it again?
    I have no idea whether this would actually work, but it might be worth a try if you have a lot of passwords you want to import.
    OTCHRussell likes this.
    06-01-17 10:02 AM
    I would copy each one. Mainly because I don't know what file formats it can read, secondly b/c you'll may desire to go into each one and set custom fields.

It may take a while, but just do a few at a time so you don't get overwhelmed.

Are you using the Android version or are you on BB10. (and NO it ISNT dead b/c my passport still works )
    06-01-17 05:49 PM
    I think I agree with you. It will take time, but when I'm bored (rarely) I will play with it.
    I still have a Z30 and Z10 (my second number), but I'm mainly using my Dtek50 these days. (I miss the Z30, but am getting used to Android).
    06-01-17 06:47 PM