My Blackberry Bold 9780 is not receiving emails, however it is able to send emails. Tmobile advised that ALL Blackberry phones that do not use Android OS are similarly affected.
    Can someone reach out to Blackberry and ask them to resolve this critical issue as soon as possible?
    Thank you.
    09-29-16 09:53 AM
    Not sure what is going on, but a Verizon user is complaining about the same - I posted you link there as well.

http://forums.crackberry.com/service.../#post12607164
    zocster likes this.
    09-29-16 10:36 AM
    I'm on T-mobile with a Blackberry Passport and I AM receiving emails. I'm not using an Android OS...
    09-29-16 11:35 AM
    I'm on T-mobile with a Blackberry Passport and I AM receiving emails. I'm not using an Android OS...
    Obviously a Blackberry Passport wouldn't be using BIS, so you're comparing apples to oranges. I'm the aforementioned Verizon user, and am not surprised to find that this issue seems to be carrier agnostic. Is there anyone using BIS that ISN'T experiencing issues only receiving Gmail messages? To be clear, Yahoo mail is working properly for me.
    09-29-16 12:13 PM
    Questions:

Have you tried sending yourself an email from your Yahoo account to your Gmail?
    Have you tried sending from Gmail to Yahoo THEN replying to same email and see if reply goes through?

I know you said you resent your Service books, have you re-registered the device?

Also, (if memory serves as it has been years since I had a BBOS device) you can type in "alt+lglg" - hold down the alt key they type "l" then "g", "l" then "g" (no quotes and always holding the alt button down) that will bring you to the event viewer, you might be able to see the errors there.
    09-29-16 12:37 PM
    Obviously a Blackberry Passport wouldn't be using BIS, so you're comparing apples to oranges. I'm the aforementioned Verizon user, and am not surprised to find that this issue seems to be carrier agnostic. Is there anyone using BIS that ISN'T experiencing issues only receiving Gmail messages? To be clear, Yahoo mail is working properly for me.
    Perhaps you missed this: "Tmobile advised that ALL Blackberry phones that do not use Android OS are similarly affected". That is not a true statement...
    09-30-16 12:02 PM
    Questions:

Have you tried sending yourself an email from your Yahoo account to your Gmail?
    Have you tried sending from Gmail to Yahoo THEN replying to same email and see if reply goes through?

I know you said you resent your Service books, have you re-registered the device?

Also, (if memory serves as it has been years since I had a BBOS device) you can type in "alt+lglg" - hold down the alt key they type "l" then "g", "l" then "g" (no quotes and always holding the alt button down) that will bring you to the event viewer, you might be able to see the errors there.
    Nope, but it seems the problem was resolved to some degree sometime yesterday around noon Pacific. That said, I still have no idea what caused it, and I've been unable to find any official mention of an outage anywhere. I suspect that I have more issues like this to look forward to, especially since BIS is solidly on its way out. Oh well, thanks for your help!
    09-30-16 05:29 PM
    BB have been decommissioning a lot of their NOC infrastructure, perhaps they knocked out a core switch (again).
    09-30-16 05:32 PM
    Perhaps you missed this: "Tmobile advised that ALL Blackberry phones that do not use Android OS are similarly affected". That is not a true statement...
    ...and perhaps you missed the part where I said that my own experience contradicted their claim, in that my Yahoo email was working. Now, true, I'm a Verizon user...but the fact that another BIS user on a different carrier (T-Mobile) was experiencing the same issue my friend and I were seeing would seem to suggest that T-Mobile's statement was more of a shot from the hip advisory than the result of a detailed investigation. Either that, or the two issues weren't related to begin with....take your pick. Regardless, everything is back up now for those of us on Verizon. I can only assume the same holds true for the OP, too. And if they ever return to this thread, we just might find out.
    09-30-16 05:34 PM