Anyone using Tmobile on here, what is your guy's data speed? I used to get around 30 mbps last year but it seems like I've been significantly throttled.. I called Tmobile about it and they were blaming the phone since it's not a Tmobile phone. Anyone else getting slow speeds with Tmobile?

Posted via CB10
    08-30-15 08:16 PM
    If have an unlimited data plan and go over 21GB, you may be throttled "de-prioritized" if you're seeing something like sub-1 mbps speeds.

You may read more about it here: 21GB "soft cap" quietly added to T-Mobile's unlimited 4G LTE Simple Choice plans � TmoNews

That "non-TMO phone" excuse is BS. How would the same phone be pulling 30 mbps at first but doesn't now?

If it's still fast, just not as fast (like, say 8 mbps instead of 30--noticeable enough,) it could be congestion.
    08-30-15 08:25 PM
    Yeah that's what I said about my phone to the representative and demanded a network refresh, but she didn't do anything and just blamed my phone. I have LTE up to 5gb before I get throttled and I haven't hit that limit yet. What sucks is that I remember when I first joined Tmobile with my BlackBerry and used to get good speed and reception.

Posted via CB10
    08-30-15 08:31 PM
    Yeah that's what I said about my phone to the representative and demanded a network refresh, but she didn't do anything and just blamed my phone. I have LTE up to 5gb before I get throttled and I haven't hit that limit yet. What sucks is that I remember when I first joined Tmobile with my BlackBerry and used to get good speed and reception.
    OK, so "de-prioritization" is out of the question, I think. Are you in a major metropolitan area?

TMO has been added customers like crazy, but I suspect backhaul is not keeping up to demand. The next time you call them, threaten them with leaving. Tell them you have an unlocked phone (which they obviously know now,) and that Cricket Wireless is looking really good.I

If you have social media accounts, try raising a stink about it while mentioning TMO accounts. Then watch them get into action.
    Last edited by raino; 08-30-15 at 09:05 PM.
    08-30-15 08:44 PM