I'm in my late 40's and my first smartphones were Blackberries and I was even an early adopter of the PlayBook. I was in love with the devices spending time uploading new leaked versions of the OS and sweet talking my way into the latest models from t-mobile. With no warning the school district I work for dumped BB service so I jumped ship (head bowed in shame) so I could have access to school email.

Over the last few years the school district has become increasingly Google heavy (Docs/Google+/Gmail/Drive/Calendar) but the Blackberry Classic has me considering seriously a return to my digital roots. I pay off my current iPhone in early November and the rumors about the "Venice" slider that may run Android has me even closer returning.

I'd love to hear from Blackberry 10 users if it's possible to do the following on your Blackberry:

* Access Google Docs and Drive and be able to write to and save data
    * Easily set-up and manage multiple Gmail accounts
    * Utilize a GPS navigation application that is reliable
    * Sync my school Google calendar to my Blackberry calendar

Yes, I've been doing research but the information seems to be from predominantly older posts. Maybe I'm just being nostalgic. Maybe it's just time to come home.
    08-22-15 03:03 PM
    3 months is far away. You're 2 months early on this question.

Posted via CB10
    08-22-15 03:16 PM
    I'd love to hear from Blackberry 10 users if it's possible to do the following on your Blackberry:

* Access Google Docs and Drive and be able to write to and save data
    * Easily set-up and manage multiple Gmail accounts
    * Utilize a GPS navigation application that is reliable
    * Sync my school Google calendar to my Blackberry calendar
    Yes.
    Yes.
    Yes.
    Probably yes.

Classic is amazing! It can do what any other smart phone can do, but it has physical keys and a trackpad so it's better.

BBClassic10.3.2.858
    08-22-15 04:33 PM
    I have a Classic for work, and Passport for play. Other than one handed typing, I prefer my Passport for everything else.

RedBerry Passport /10.3.2.2876 / Telus
    01-23-16 01:07 PM
    Why should anyone talk you down? Do your research, then buy the phone that best suits your needs.

Posted via CB10
    01-23-16 02:00 PM
    Have you looked at the Priv?
    Other that one phone in the last 10 years my primary phone has always been a BlackBerry.
    I just got the Priv yesterday. I'm still setting it up but so far I love it.
    My last one was the Q10.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    01-26-16 01:37 PM
    You have lots of options...I would take a look at the Priv. It just may offer everything you are looking for
    01-26-16 10:23 PM
    It's the only phone I've used in years with built-in file manager. I'm not a fan of storing everything in the cloud or on an app.

Posted via CB10
    01-26-16 10:40 PM
    It's the only phone I've used in years with built-in file manager. I'm not a fan of storing everything in the cloud or on an app.

Posted via CB10
    Its'the same reason why I decided to come back using my Z30 for work after trying a Galaxy S6. It' s much better for ne to store data in a microSD rather than in a cloud. I physically need to know where the stuff is.

Posted via CB10
    01-27-16 10:56 AM
    Is he still here or did he come to his senses?
    sreneel77 likes this.
    01-27-16 09:39 PM