I was thinking about moving from an iPhone 5 to the Blackberry Q10, but I did have a couple of questions before I actually made the switch.
    1) What is the most difficult part about the Q10, biggest downside?
    2) How do you install a banking app? I.E. Mint, I use Mint on a daily basis and would like to keep using it.
    3) Battery wise how is it?
    4) What is the best thing that comes with having a Q10, besides the physical keyboard?
    5) What exactly happens when you sideload an app, can I get any help explaining exactly what it is?

Any answers are appreciated!
    Thank you!
    08-17-14 11:26 PM
    Screen size is the most limiting thing.

As for Mint if it has an Android app it'll likely work ok. Someone's bound to chime in here that uses it on a Q10.

Or if Mint has a great mobile site it should work great in the class leading BlackBerry 10 browser.

Side loading you only need to do once. Sideload Snap. Then you can install Android apps from Google Play.

There are great articles and tutorials on here about how Sideload Snap so I will not detail it here. There are a few methods. Search installing Snap. There is a Crackberry article somewhere. It basically involves adding a plug in to the Chrome browser. Putting your phone in dev mode. And browsing to where you stored the Snap BAR file. Then clicking Install. That type of thing.

Posted via CB10
    08-17-14 11:37 PM
    Wait for the BlackBerry Classic

Posted via CB10
    08-17-14 11:38 PM
    Wait for the BlackBerry Classic

Posted via CB10
    That's a looong wait.

Posted via CB10
    08-17-14 11:42 PM
    *I made an account to ask even more questions (lucky you guys)*

What is Blackberry Classic? Can I download SideSnap from BlackBerry World?

Screen size isn't an issue for me, I honestly hate having my phone feel so big.
    08-18-14 01:13 AM
    Classic is a BlackBerry Q10 with tool belt, the trackpad with physical call button.

Snap needed to be sideloaded at this stage, but you could get amazon app store off the net, provided you've updated your OS out of the box.

Let us know if you have anymore questions.

Welcome to CrackBerry by the way!

Sent from 2AD743B7 via Tapatalk Pro
    Taylor Torres likes this.
    08-18-14 01:24 AM
    How would you get the Amazon App store on the BlackBerry? I'm sorry for asking so many questions I want to be sure that I don't lose a few key apps that I will need! Thank you!
    08-18-14 01:30 AM
    Classic is a BlackBerry Q10 with tool belt, the trackpad with physical call button.

Snap needed to be sideloaded at this stage, but you could get amazon app store off the net, provided you've updated your OS out of the box.

Let us know if you have anymore questions.

Welcome to CrackBerry by the way!

Sent from 2AD743B7 via Tapatalk Pro

When it comes to updating how does it work? Do I need to plug it into my computer to do that or can I update it straight from the phone? Also where is the Amazon App Store if I update the phone? Is it something that will be sideloaded as well?
    08-18-14 01:35 AM
    When it comes to updating how does it work? Do I need to plug it into my computer to do that or can I update it straight from the phone? Also where is the Amazon App Store if I update the phone? Is it something that will be sideloaded as well?
    Snap auto updates any installed Android app. That was installed via Snap that Is.

Not sure about Amazon but once 10.3 officially supports it you can bet it will.

Posted via CB10
    08-18-14 01:50 AM
    You can check to see if you have the latest update by going into Settings. There is an option in there to check for updates and install over the air. The Amazon App Store is not yet officially on BlackBerry 10 phones (coming with 10.3). You will have to install it . You can checkout this write up on how to do it: How to get Android apps on BlackBerry from the Amazon Appstore | CrackBerry.com
    08-18-14 01:51 AM
    I would get the Z30! You won't be sorry. It is now available at Rogers, Bell and Telus (if you're in Canada) for $0 on 2 year term with min. $60 phone plan until September 15. Just an amazing phone!

Next BBM update....BBM Peek
    08-19-14 06:45 PM
    I was thinking about moving from an iPhone 5 to the Blackberry Q10, but I did have a couple of questions before I actually made the switch.
    1) What is the most difficult part about the Q10, biggest downside?
    2) How do you install a banking app? I.E. Mint, I use Mint on a daily basis and would like to keep using it.
    3) Battery wise how is it?
    4) What is the best thing that comes with having a Q10, besides the physical keyboard?
    5) What exactly happens when you sideload an app, can I get any help explaining exactly what it is?

Any answers are appreciated!
    Thank you!
    well I have used both of them.. if you are kind of persone who loves gaming and looking for lots of app then the iphone is the better.. but if your looking for a phone which last for you all day then q10 is the best.. although You can install all apks which you have in iphone but unfortunately some apk doesnt work properly in BlackBerry 10

Posted via CB10
    08-19-14 07:03 PM
    Amazon app store is on my Q10 and allows me to get apps. Same as snap, just download and install directly from your BlackBerry

Q10 with Telus on 10.3.0.296
    08-19-14 07:17 PM
    As a joke, couldn't help it : Just read the 1st word of the OP's thread sentence and I salute you OP for figuring this out. You were actually thinking, good job. Welcome to CB and the world of thinkers.

Seriously, I have a Q10 for over a year and my advice is to wait for the Passport or Classic. It will bring the price of a Q10 down some more. Myself am waiting for the Passport.

CB10 - Q10
    08-19-14 07:36 PM
    Also, it takes a week or so to get used to bb10. After the week is up, be prepared to fall in love, everyone that I know, has!

Q10 with Telus on 10.3.0.296
    08-19-14 10:52 PM
    I have started loving my z10 after I installed os 10.3.700 beta bcz BlackBerry official os 10.2 is very buggy, BlackBerry official facebook app doesnt works properly and android apps are very laggy and loads very slow, I also have iphone 5 and its much better then q10, ios is the most smooth and responsible os ita the best os bcz main apps like facebook and games work very well and it never lags.

Posted via CB10
    08-20-14 05:17 AM
    Worst mistake.... Don't move to BBM keep separate BBM

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    08-21-14 01:35 PM