I'm soon to migrate from my Bold to a Classic, but one thing is holding me back - the inability to move my Whatsapp chat history.

While almost everything I've found online seems to suggest that whatsapp chat histories can't be exported between devices, it seems strange that this would be the case, given that the database structure of the files should be similar across platforms - they are all effectively timestamped log files.

Is there a converter I might have missed in my searches?

And why has Whatsapp made it hard to migrate chat histories between platforms?

I have a number of ongoing whatsapp chats where I need to refer back to previously said things, and chats that have sentimental value, and I don't want to have to carry my old BB around just for this purpose.

Thanks
    01-06-15 09:15 AM

And why has Whatsapp made it hard to migrate chat histories between platforms?

Thanks
    That is a question that is best directed to Whatsapp. Your best bet might be to use the email function directly from whatsapp and past it into the specific account on your new device.

Posted via CB10
    01-06-15 09:28 AM
    I don't use whatsapp anymore, but when I did, I noticed that it saved all the data in the misc>android folder.

Could it be that the BB10 version used the android runtime and a different way to save logs than it did before?

Correct me if I am wrong, please.
    01-06-15 10:00 AM