I just changed my Blackberry ID password and now my device password is not working. Could the device password be impacted by the Link password change?

I tried my old password and the new one I created for my link ID -- with no success Based on everything I've read I am about to wipe my device. I CAN still log into link -- device says it is connected but I am prompted to reconnect (this fails) or reload ( if this is my last resort -- what will happen -- will I lose contacts, call histories, text messages, music, photos?) Is there anyway to reset my device password if I am logged into my phone via Blackberry link?

I have a backup file on my laptop from several months ago but no idea of how to "reload" that data back into the phone -- if my device is actually wiped. If that is possible. Suggestions appreciated.
    10-12-14 11:56 AM
    Changing your BBID password should not change your device password. Are you sure you don't have Caps Lock, or anything weird like that? Have you tried restarting your device by holding down up and down volume keys until the screen shuts off?

Finally, can you log in to protect.blackberry.com?
    10-12-14 12:19 PM
    Thanks for your suggestions -- you didn't have to take time out of your day to offer suggestions -- so I appreciate your response.

I turned my phone on and off, although I have to use the power on/off button atop my Z10 to do this -- vice the volume buttons you suggested -- once my phone restarted I made what will be my next to last attempt before my phone is wiped -without success.

I can and have logged onto bb protect but for some reason the phone is not responding to any of the protect features .... for example: --sound to phone (failed) --message to phone (failed -- device not found message stating message will be sent the next time phone is on network ....-- although I know and can SEE my phone is connected to the network). And of course the reset password failed (though since I have to enter my "old" password -- I am not really surprised about that one).

I should note that my phone -- even when attached by USB to my computer and connected to BB link -- will say it is connected but does not connect and will not reconnect -- of course if I try to reload the software -- I am prompted for my device password --- this has led to a frustratingly circular ring of failed resolution attempts -- along with a renewed appreciation for bb security.

Device is wiped. Thanks again for taking the time to try to assist.
    10-12-14 02:00 PM
    Sorry to hear about your wiped device, and that we couldn't figure out a solution!!

Posted via CB10
    10-12-14 02:30 PM
    this is why i never lock my phone

posted form my passport
    10-13-14 09:52 AM