I wanted to use an app PADI has so certifications can be stored on your cell instead of a physical ID card. Problem is, the only BB OS version they have is this one: https://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/64997/?countrycode=US&lang=en for OS5 to 7.1

Is there any way for me to use this app on my Q10? PADI has an Android app but I can't get it from Amazon and of course can't use the Google Play store. I did see someone posted a rather complex way to install the Google app on OS10 devices but he also said it required a lot of permissions and kept itself open to update everything. That concerns me enough about both wasted data and especially privacy that it's not an option I want to try... I don't use Gmail or any other Google products. I'm guessing that there really isn't any way to somehow download the files manually. One of my kids has an Android cell, could I have them download it onto an SD card and then somehow load it?

All advice greatfully accepted!
    06-11-15 01:45 PM
    Nope, you can't install or run an OS7 App on BB10, but the Google Play solution is actually good, it uses very little data and memory, if you change your mind
    http://forums.crackberry.com/android...g-page-965257/
    06-11-15 02:23 PM
    I second Cobalt's patched Google Play option. Make sure your Q10 is on 10.3.x. From the page, you will want to install only three things:

Google Account Manager
    BlackBerry Google ID
    Google Play Store

After that, log in with Google Account Manager, then BlackBerry Google ID. You can now run the Google Play Store.

I see two PADI apps.
    06-11-15 04:41 PM
    Actually you can manually install it. You would need to get the apk and simply send it to your device. Install it and make sure to enable
    Is there a way to install an OS 7 app onto my Q10?-img_20150611_175513.png

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.680
    06-11-15 04:55 PM
    The more I see questions like these, it makes me wonder about some of us Blackberry users. Some guy in another forum here on CB asked if he could load the Android OS onto his Z30. It really makes me wonder.....

Posted via CB10
    Dave Bourque likes this.
    06-11-15 06:13 PM
    The more I see questions like these, it makes me wonder about some of us Blackberry users. Some guy in another forum here on CB asked if he could load the Android OS onto his Z30. It really makes me wonder.....
    I loaded Android KitKat 4.4 onto my HP TouchPad that normally runs webOS.

Back in the day, I was able to run X Windows on my Amiga to use it as a client to an SGI. I was also able to run MS-DOS and MacOS via emulators.
    06-11-15 08:37 PM