I'm going to have to decide between my black berry and an application that will not side load correctly and there is no native BB app. As a last ditch effort are there people or companies that would fix app's that will not run while side loaded?

If it matters the app in questions is Active911.
    08-20-15 01:09 PM
    If the app is dependent on Google Play Services to run, you are likely out of luck.

You'll have to pay for an android or apple device or await the rumored slider device. Perhaps by then BBRY has announced something about their plan to solve the BB10 and play services issues on other devices.
    08-20-15 01:14 PM
    I was able to install it on my Passport using Snap.
    08-20-15 01:19 PM
    I was able to install it on my Passport using Snap.
    Does it works... or you just installed it? I know that it can be installed, but it would not register with the system in the past.

OP.... the answer is not really, even if someone managed to "fix" this version of the APP for you. What happens when next week they update it, and it is required that all devices use that updated? And you'd be talking about several hours of work most likely... so it would become very expensive for an individual to hire a developer to do something that was for the most part illegal. Never mind the liability issues with a first responder app....

You can try using Cobalt's App store and patcher... but in the past it didn't work.
    08-20-15 01:32 PM
    It looks like it works.

I don't have an account to use with the app, so I don't know if all the features work.
    08-20-15 02:13 PM