- I downloaded a .APK file from Google Play
    ( https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...rackcast&hl=en )

- Installed the file on my Z10 (OS - 10.2.1)

- Opens fine, can create a playlist, go in to menus etc but have two issues:
    a) Can't hear any music
    b) Keep getting a "Connection Error" when trying to connect to my Shoutcast server

I'm wondering, is there any difference between a .apk & a .bar file, I'm wondering whether or not converting the apk to bar would make any difference to an Android app and correct any non working issues.

I could go ahead and just try it but I've just reinstalled my Win7, sideloading feels a little tedious at the moment.
    01-24-15 04:29 PM
    Konverting an apk file to a bar file just wraps it in a container. It's just as if you would put a zip file in a rar archive. The app doesn't change and it won't work better or worse than before.
    Yassbittar likes this.
    01-24-15 04:50 PM
    Konverting an apk file to a bar file just wraps it in a container. It's just as if you would put a zip file in a rar archive. The app doesn't change and it won't work better or worse than before.
    Cobalt I thought that too but I don't think that is the case.

A year ago or so I download the Chase Mobile banking app apk, so that I can take pictures of my work checks to cash them.
    For some reason every time I took a picture of a check and it wouldn't work it said the image quality is not good enough please try again.

So I decided to try converting it to a bar file and sideloading it and the app worked like a charm, the pictures went right through.

BlackBerry Z30 Chenpion
    01-24-15 05:27 PM
    - I downloaded a .APK file from Google Play
    ( https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...rackcast&hl=en )

- Installed the file on my Z10 (OS - 10.2.1)

- Opens fine, can create a playlist, go in to menus etc but have two issues:
    a) Can't hear any music
    b) Keep getting a "Connection Error" when trying to connect to my Shoutcast server

I'm wondering, is there any difference between a .apk & a .bar file, I'm wondering whether or not converting the apk to bar would make any difference to an Android app and correct any non working issues.

I could go ahead and just try it but I've just reinstalled my Win7, sideloading feels a little tedious at the moment.
    I don't think converting an app like that to a bar file would help, but upgrading to 10.3.1 night work.

BlackBerry Z30 Chenpion
    01-24-15 05:28 PM
    Cobalt I thought that too but I don't think that is the case.

A year ago or so I download the Chase Mobile banking app apk, so that I can take pictures of my work checks to cash them.
    For some reason every time I took a picture of a check and it wouldn't work it said the image quality is not good enough please try again.

So I decided to try converting it to a bar file and sideloading it and the app worked like a charm, the pictures went right through.

BlackBerry Z30 Chenpion
    This maybe was the case with 10.2. But for sure not with 10.2.1 or 10.3.x
    Yassbittar likes this.
    01-24-15 05:34 PM
    This maybe was the case with 10.2. But for sure not with 10.2.1 or 10.3.x
    Well if had to be 10.2.1 ?

How else could I have installed the apk?

Not trying to be rude, just thinking back able what makes sense.

BlackBerry Z30 Chenpion
    01-24-15 10:44 PM
    Not much except bar files ar of BlackBerry and apk are for androids.

Posted via readers chamber on 14 th street.
    01-24-15 10:56 PM
    I think I'll have to wait for 10.3.1, I've got a couple of apps installed but not working, hoping they gain life with the upgrade.

Not long to go!

Posted via CB10
    01-25-15 04:38 AM
    But BlackBerry support both.

Posted via readers chamber on 14 th street.
    01-25-15 04:44 AM