I would love to have a SQUARE type device to accept credit cards for my small business www.thebearstick.com
    Tell me there is such a product. :-)

Jim
    01-24-15 01:42 PM
    Square will work with bb10 devices. Just need to install the android app.

Posted via CB10
    Bluenoser63 likes this.
    01-24-15 05:21 PM
    Yes I can confirm this. I have the square app from the SNAP store on my Q10

I use this everyday for my small business and very stable, no crashes or lag or anything. One thing is my Q10 does have a bit small of a screen for when customers need to sign their name, but no big.

Posted via CB10
    01-24-15 07:33 PM
    Really? Because I have Square app with my z10, and I'm looking to find something that actually works.

I get crazy lag with Square, often waiting 10-20 seconds for it to perform basic functions, and the device fails to recognize the reader more often than not. It's been nothing but a headache for me! And of course if you have any problems at all, Square basically thumbs their nose at you. Not only do they not support Blackberry, but really don't seem to care for Blackberry users at all.

Blackberry could be ideal for small business owners, but the lack of support is appalling. I realize that most apps are made by other companies, but given the current state of Blackberry, the growing prevalence of small businesses looking for solutions, the growing market of mobile point of sale, and the need for a solution that actually works consistently with Blackberry, one would think that they would have been more proactive in making sure there was a solution in place.
    02-18-15 08:54 AM