I have unlimited data which includes 5gb hotspot. I currently use MyWi (jailbroken) with the iPhone 6 and I go through at least 20 GB by using the hotspot feature in the MyWi tether app. It seems that the app uses the device data (meaning not the hotspot allocated data) Is there a similar tether app (just ordered the passport) which would let me created a hotspot rather than usb and bluetooth?
    12-29-14 03:39 PM
    All BlackBerry 10 devices come with HotSpot capability built-in. You can use it through WiFi, USB or Bluetooth or are you looking to bypass your carriers restrictions? lol.
    12-29-14 03:42 PM
    Looking to bypass the restrictions. Currently the MyWi app lets me use all the data I want through the hotspot. If I use the standard device settings they will cap me at 5gb. The "Tether" app for balckberry does not seem to offer the hostspot feature only usb and bluetooth.
    12-29-14 04:03 PM
    Looking to bypass the restrictions. Currently the MyWi app lets me use all the data I want through the hotspot. If I use the standard device settings they will cap me at 5gb. The "Tether" app for balckberry does not seem to offer the hostspot feature only usb and bluetooth.
    I can't recall any apps that allow for it. But then again, I haven't spent much time looking either. My carrier allows me all my data however I wish to use it.
    12-29-14 04:19 PM
    You can use it through WiFi, USB or Bluetooth or are you looking to bypass your carriers restrictions? lol.
    5=/=20, so I'd say the latter

(I am not the OP)
    12-29-14 05:14 PM
    I've been looking for this functionality too, without going through the carrier. I haven't found any apps for 10.3.1 that offer any tethering/hotspot capability.
    12-31-14 09:24 PM