I accidently dropped my Priv in a bowl of water few days ago and inside of the phone was soaked so I had to try couple of methods like flicking and using the pressure from vaccum cleaner to dry out the water. My phone was still dead so I went with the rice burial trick. After two days in the rice bowl the moisture was all gone but didnt make the phone work. When I connected it to the charger, the screen displayed something like battery warning sign and went of after I disconnected from the charger. Iam not sure if this is a battery problem or display problem but will this be covered by warranty since I just bought it this month.
    09-18-16 08:38 AM
    Your warranty probably covers manufacturers faults, not accidental damage, Best to read your warranty agreement/ paper work that you received with the device

Posted via CB10
    09-18-16 09:44 AM
    Ahh man, that sucks! I've has my share of water incidents and I always pull everything out of the phone (sim/sd/battery ect) and submerge it in rice right away f 24 hours. So far, I've save three BlackBerry this way.

Remember...you can by rice virtually anywhere anytime, even at a bar when I was loaded lol

Your Priv has been number of stickers within it that when exposed to moisture, turn colour, from white to RED. The red stickers will indicate if your warranty is void or Not....red is bad obviously.

I hope in your case I am wrong! Good luck!!!
    09-18-16 09:48 AM
    Ahh man, that sucks! I've has my share of water incidents and I always pull everything out of the phone (sim/sd/battery ect) and submerge it in rice right away f 24 hours. So far, I've save three BlackBerry this way.

Remember...you can by rice virtually anywhere anytime, even at a bar when I was loaded lol

Your Priv has been number of stickers within it that when exposed to moisture, turn colour, from white to RED. The red stickers will indicate if your warranty is void or Not....red is bad obviously.

I hope in your case I am wrong! Good luck!!!
    You cannot remove the battery from the Priv like older BlackBerrys.

Posted from my BlackBerry Priv on Rogers Network.
    09-18-16 10:48 AM
    Quite possibly battery but potentially some other circuitry/hardware. Try a prolonged charge using an outlet charger....nothing to lose here as you will likely need to have device repaired or replaced. Good luck.

Posted via CB10
    09-18-16 02:58 PM
    You cannot remove the battery from the Priv like older BlackBerrys.

Posted from my BlackBerry Priv on Rogers Network.
    Well, you can try... but I was stating this as a blanket term where applicable

Posted via CB10 and the BlackBerry Passport
    09-19-16 01:41 PM