I'm wondering if anyone has figured out how to text ipod to Blackbery 10 and back?
    I really would like to communicate with my kids.
    07-10-14 12:12 PM
    Maybe try installing BBM or some other communications app. SMS will not work.
    07-10-14 12:19 PM
    Maybe try installing BBM or some other communications app. SMS will not work.
    You're wrong. I use my Q10 to send SMS messages to my son's iPod all the time. On the iPod we've installed the app TextMe or TextMe Now through iTunes store and it works perfectly. However the iPod will need to be connected to a wifi network to receive and send messages. On the Q10 it'll show as a regular phone #.

Via my simply amazing ? Q10 10.2.1.3247
    07-10-14 02:57 PM
    You're wrong. I use my Q10 to send SMS messages to my son's iPod all the time. On the iPod we've installed the app TextMe or TextMe Now through iTunes store and it works perfectly. However the iPod will need to be connected to a wifi network to receive and send messages. On the Q10 it'll show as a regular phone #.

You need an app, and wi-fi... so...technically, SMS will not work.

Posted via CB10
    sk8er_tor likes this.
    07-10-14 04:33 PM
    If you're going to install an app on the iPod, why not install BBM? This way, you can see when your son has read the message, you can send photos, you can call him, etc.
    07-10-14 04:55 PM
    Ok, ok... I take back the "you're wrong" comment... I on my Q10 don't need the extra app...it comes through as an SMS, MMS, whatever. However I did try install BBM on an iPod, because it needs an app. It was buggy and there were awful delays as well. Please tell me one of you have tried it with an iPod and it worked just as well and maybe I'll try again. And since iPods are, well iPods, it may need a wifi connection anyway.

07-10-14 06:17 PM
    I use it on an iPhone without delay issues. Yes, the iPod will always need a Wi-Fi connection to receive messages.
    07-11-14 12:04 PM