I was wondering if it's possible to send our text messages to an email of our choice. It could be used as a backup.

Posted via CB10
    08-05-14 09:56 PM
    There is apps for this, in BBW might be easier,
    08-05-14 09:57 PM
    Not exactly. While there are some that claim to, I've found none to actually work on BlackBerry 10 if real time incoming/outgoing sms to email is what you're looking for. It's one of the things I miss from days of old on the legacy devices. The most promising and what used to work was Message-X however I've not had luck with it functioning with either incoming or outgoing SMS for some time now (10.2.1 Verizon Z30).

Exporter has served me well in being able to archive selected SMS conversations in plain text format and if selected messages/conversations is what you're after may suit your needs. If you need the outgoing SMS this may be the only real option.

SyncLion may also be worth looking into but I haven't personally experimented with it yet and seems to have mixed reviews and lacks recent updates.

The above has been based upon what I discovered in searching for such a solution months ago. If something new or I've missed since - I can't say. Good luck.
    kraidx likes this.
    08-06-14 02:03 AM
    Not exactly. While there are some that claim to, I've found none to actually work on BlackBerry 10 if real time incoming/outgoing sms to email is what you're looking for. It's one of the things I miss from days of old on the legacy devices. The most promising and what used to work was Message-X however I've not had luck with it functioning with either incoming or outgoing SMS for some time now (10.2.1 Verizon Z30).

Exporter has served me well in being able to archive selected SMS conversations in plain text format and if selected messages/conversations is what you're after may suit your needs. If you need the outgoing SMS this may be the only real option.

SyncLion may also be worth looking into but I haven't personally experimented with it yet and seems to have mixed reviews and lacks recent updates.

The above has been based upon what I discovered in searching for such a solution months ago. If something new or I've missed since - I can't say. Good luck.
    I was looking for a way to send the content of text messages to an email in a format that would be easier to see/ search and it would have a nicer look than text.
    Maybe HTML format would do the job.
    Thanks for the information.

Posted via CB10
    08-06-14 06:26 AM
    Not sure if you've already found a solution but this app automatically forwards your sms messages to email automatically. Works nicely. Check out SMS To Email Pro Headless in BlackBerry World! You can find it at http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/59935546.

Posted via CB10
    03-18-15 03:45 PM
    Not sure if you've already found a solution but this app automatically forwards your sms messages to email automatically. Works nicely. Check out SMS To Email Pro Headless in BlackBerry World! You can find it at http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/59935546.

Posted via CB10
    Works well!

Posted via CB10
    semime likes this.
    03-18-15 03:56 PM
    You can also expand the options at the bottom bar in your text then copy chat and paste into email body or anywhere else you may need to save it.

 Z10
    03-18-15 04:19 PM