Do any of you know how to set your BlackBerry Z10/Z30 to be able to let you know by the letter 'D' and 'R' when a text is delivered or read? I was able to set it up on my previous BlackBerry before BlackBerry 10. Please note that I am not referring to BBM but regular text. Appreciate any help

Posted via CB30
    11-30-14 02:55 PM
    11-30-14 02:59 PM
    Yep. In hub just hit the three dots on the bottom right and click on settings. Then click on Text Messages and the check Confirm Delivery for both SMS and MMS.

Posted via CB10
    11-30-14 03:04 PM
    Thanks! I clicked on sms and turned it on but after sending four sms, it is still not showing anything as to delivery or confirmation. Is there something that I am missing here?

Posted via CB30
    11-30-14 04:32 PM
    Do any of you know how to set your BlackBerry Z10/Z30 to be able to let you know by the letter 'D' and 'R' when a text is delivered or read? I was able to set it up on my previous BlackBerry before BlackBerry 10. Please note that I am not referring to BBM but regular text. Appreciate any help

Posted via CB30
    You CANNOT receive "R" for text messages. That is reserved for only BBM.
    On the other hand, you CAN receive "D" for text messages. This is done by toggling the "Delivery Reports" to 'on' in the text message settings.

Posted via my White.Leopard
    11-30-14 04:44 PM
    Thanks! I clicked on sms and turned it on but after sending four sms, it is still not showing anything as to delivery or confirmation. Is there something that I am missing here?

Posted via CB30
    Are you certain that the sms is received by the recipient?
    Maybe their phone is turned off and the sms is waiting in your operator's server. It'll be delivered when the phone is turned on again.

Or maybe, your operator doesn't support "Delivery Reports" at all.

PS. On another note, In India, until 2010, the state owned network operator "BSNL" gave 100 free sms per day to a particular tariff plan, but they charged 5p for each delivery report received. Hence, they tried to discourage people from using it.

Posted via my White.Leopard
    11-30-14 04:50 PM
    My SMS only shows the D if the recipient is on my same carrier network. All others just get a check mark to show that it has been sent.

Posted with my Z10 on Verizon 10.2.1.3253
    11-30-14 05:27 PM
    That's probably a network thing. You should call up customer care and ask why you're not getting delivery reports for sms sent to other carriers.

My SMS only shows the D if the recipient is on my same carrier network. All others just get a check mark to show that it has been sent.

Posted with my Z10 on Verizon 10.2.1.3253
    11-30-14 05:40 PM
    Yes, I am very certain that the sms is received by the other person because I am getting response from people. But no 'D' is showing on my cell.

Posted via CB30
    12-01-14 05:48 AM
    Are they on the same service provider as you?
    12-01-14 07:31 AM
    No, they are international. We are all in different countries

Posted via CB30
    12-01-14 12:43 PM
    No, they are international. We are all in different countries

Posted via CB30
    That's the issue right there.

Honestly if you could convince them to use BBM or Whatsapp I think they and you would be happier.
    12-01-14 12:55 PM