How could I clean temp files from z10??

Posted via CB10
    12-17-14 03:35 AM
    It's not like in Android that you have to worry about temp files. The OS takes very good care of it, don't worry
    12-17-14 03:40 AM
    It's not like in Android that you have to worry about temp files. The OS takes very good care of it, don't worry
    That's the problem. Unlike Android or other platform with advanced file manager, you can't access other part of folders so I can't delete all those redundant files/folders thus the app size keep growing and growing. The only way is to uninstall and reinstall. My Wechat app already reach few hundreds Mb but unable to delete as all my chat history will be gone. On my old phone, I could delete all those images cache and log yet retain thr chat but unable to do on bb10 due to the restrictions.

Symbian is still and always my favourite Os. Nokia 808. FilePLAY Music Player
    12-17-14 03:50 AM
    That's the problem. Unlike Android or other platform with advanced file manager, you can't access other part of folders so I can't delete all those redundant files/folders thus the app size keep growing and growing. The only way is to uninstall and reinstall. My Wechat app already reach few hundreds Mb but unable to delete as all my chat history will be gone. On my old phone, I could delete all those images cache and log yet retain thr chat but unable to do on bb10 due to the restrictions.

Strange.. my apps never grew as dramatically as you are describing
    12-17-14 04:06 AM
    Strange.. my apps never grew as dramatically as you are describing
    I use Wechat for few hours a day. I think with all those photos browsing, the cache never is never deleted and keep growing. It is the same with my old phone but I can go and delete the cache but not with bb10. Now Wechat is in forth place in device storage and that I even just use it for 4 months. Imagine how much it consume in a year later.

Attachment 321306
    Last edited by Traxxmy; 12-17-14 at 07:19 AM.
    12-17-14 07:02 AM
    I am looking for this solution as well; I do not have whatever app you're talking about but in truth, the old blackberrys Before q10 and z10, HAD the advanced file manager. I regularly deleted temp files, .peu files, caches, and through escreen I could go further and delete the logs etc.

The bb10 doesn't seem to have this option - when I use an app like Photo Editor Ultimate, it asks me to save the photo, so I choose I Will Choose Where to Save Photo To - and I can scroll through literally every single file that is embedded in my device and sd card, yet I cannot access these any other way. THIS is what I need - access to THESE "hidden" files like I used to be able to.

Any ideas??
    02-21-15 12:54 PM