Am I destined to own this beautiful smartphone? I am writing to you from my second BlackBerry Passport. My first was replaced earlier this week. My current one just caught the same illness as the first. It also cannot connect to mobile data.

All the people I have spoken to seem to be absolutely mystified, due to the unknown cause of the issue. My first Passport would not connect to mobile data out of the box. It made phone calls but it prompted a cryptic message on the BlackBerry Hub: "Unable to establish a Wireless Data Connection with current Internet APN. Network cause code 33".

After extensive troubleshooting from both AT&T and BlackBerry Support, I was advised to go to a company store and obtain a new SIM card. I followed through and went the following day. It did not work. The manager then suggested we try my new SIM in a different unit.

"This would prove once and for all if it is the device or the service". I agreed and he brought out a boxed Passport. The last one in his store. He inserted the Nano SIM and waited. It worked perfectly. The big BlackBerry locked onto LTE nearly instantly. I thanked him and he apologized for the inconvenience. He exchanged my phone no further questions asked. He ruled the first device D.O.A. I was impressed by the new phone's data speed. Not one single instance of delay or lag. It was a great three days while it lasted.

8:08 A.M. Saturday morning I got familiar news. Error code 33. I troubleshot the phone as I had been instructed before culminating in the same result. I called and reopened the support case with AT&T.

The manager was right, the experiment would determine what was at fault. We were wrong it seems to think it was the hardware. The odds would be in the millions surely; Had I gotten two physically defective Passports, from two different stores, on what were likely two different production batches. If you can help please offer your input below.

Thank You.

Posted via CB10
    04-26-15 07:35 PM
    To me this sounds like AT&T has not properly provisoned your Data services on your account.

OR

The network APN the device is picking up, is being interfered with and causing changes.

Have you been instructed to manually add an APN and try to connect to that?
    04-27-15 09:56 AM
    There are two questions that come to mind when I read your post. One is did you check the APN settings and make any changes as necessary? The second is how is your data plan provisioned on AT&T? Do you have a 4G LTE data plan for Smartphones, or for BlackBerry? What kind of phone did you have before you had the BlackBerry Passport? I'm only guessing here, but I think that you need the data plan for smartphones and you may have the data plan for BlackBerry devices (which was for BBOS 7 and earlier).

Either one of these can lead to intermittent data service on your phone.
    04-27-15 02:09 PM
    Please continue here!
    http://forums.crackberry.com/ask-que...-data-1015751/

And, please do not post multiple threads for the same question.
    04-28-15 10:41 AM