Hello, Just got a Blackberry Z30 hooked up with T-Mobile today and tried to download the latest OS version(mine is 10.3.1.2558 I think?) and it(Z30) said that the file is too big(1.6 G) for the network and to use a wifi connection. I have the wifi connection via AT&T which the phone recognizes but T-Mobile will not access it. Am I screwed? AT&T sucks around here but I might not have another choice.

Any suggestions would be grateful.

EJ
    06-30-15 02:57 PM
    OK, did at&t ever carry the Z30? Anyway, T-mo never carried the Z30, so if your phone is factory unlocked (like you bought it from Shop BBerry etc.) then you will only get an OTA OS update from BBerry. If it is branded (like to at&t) they will send you the update. T-Mo will not.
    06-30-15 04:48 PM
    Turn off your mobile network in the Settings, and then try to download the update on Wi-Fi.
    06-30-15 04:51 PM
    I bought this direct from Shop Blackberry. The issue is Blackberry is trying to install the OS update but says "You are connected to T-Mobile. This software update is too large to be downloaded over this network. Please use a Wi-Fi network instead". I go to the Wi-Fi tab which has it listed on the phone but will not load. I've read that Z30's are not Wi-Fi capable on T-Mobile's network. The version I have is 10.3.1.1767. Question is, do I try with AT&T(which is set up for TV/Computers or let it be.

Thanks again.

To be or not to be.
    Always something.
    06-30-15 10:58 PM
    All right. Wi-Fi is a dead issue at this point however I was able to download 10.3.2.440 via Blackberry Link from my PC. Started the download at 1.13am and finally got finished at 4:23am. Slow but i'm content. Only question remains if I can do without the Wi-Fi. Sucks to be without it.

Time for 2 hours of rest.

Thanks for the feedback.

Long live blackberry!
    07-01-15 04:35 AM
    The shopblackberry.com phones are carrier independent. If you are having trouble try pulling your aim card and starting the phone without one in it. Connect to a wifi network and download.

Most carriers won't let you download updates that large using mobile data.

Posted via CB10
    07-09-15 05:54 AM