I'm sure many of you are familiar with the Swype feature on android phones, basically where u drag your finger from one letter to the next and it spells it for u.

Does the z10 have this feature?

I rock the Q10 but wanted to get the z for my dad, (convert him from android)
    09-12-14 02:11 PM
    Why do you need this? :O

Posted via CB10
    09-12-14 02:13 PM
    Atm, there is no option although many people say (myself included) that the swipe up is better and faster.

Now if you absolutely need it, there is a way to install the android one. The only problem is that it only works with android apps so if you use the keyboard on native bb10 apps, it'll be the default bb10 keyboard

Posted via CB10
    09-12-14 02:14 PM
    With the predictive text, and the "learning" of "new" words on the Z10/Z30, why wiould you use swype? Just flick your finger on the word that pops up.....
    09-12-14 02:19 PM
    Atm, there is no option although many people say (myself included) that the swipe up is better and faster.

Now if you absolutely need it, there is a way to install the android one. The only problem is that it only works with android apps so if you use the keyboard on native bb10 apps, it'll be the default bb10 keyboard

Posted via CB10
    Thanx
    09-12-14 02:42 PM
    Why do you need this? :O

Posted via CB10
    Was a simple yes or no question.

(the answer to why happened to be included in the question if you read it, namely cuz he is used to swype)
    t3d likes this.
    09-12-14 02:44 PM

(the answer to why happened to be included in the question if you read it, namely cuz he is used to swype)
    I already answered your question but I must say that my transition from many different keyboards such as swype and physical keyboards has been an easy transition. The swipe up is easy to, fast and you don't have to use your finger as much (instead of swiping each letter, with bb10 keyboard you can type 2 letters and then swype up once got complete the rest of the word)

He should be able to transition easily but that's just my 2 cents. Hope I'm helping

Posted via CB10
    09-12-14 05:21 PM

Mine was a question, too. Is it faster than BlackBerry Virtual Keyboard? I am a PKB user.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Q10Bold; 09-13-14 at 01:26 AM.
    09-13-14 12:43 AM
    Mine was a question, too. Is it faster then BlackBerry Virtual Keyboard? I am a PKB user.

Posted via CB10
    Depends on the user. As a frame of reference, Swype owned the GBOWR typing record (whatever that's worth).

Humbly, I'm pretty fast with swiping. One handed, and with either hand. I also use the built-in Nuance Dragon Dictation a great deal. Without Swype, I probably never would have been able to transition from physical keyboards LOL.

But, again, it depends on the user. The current iOS keyboard is useless in my hands, but I know folks that are quite proficient with it.
    Q10Bold likes this.
    09-13-14 12:51 AM
    I've had BBs most of my adult life and have had the Z10 for a couple of years. Once I tried Swype on the Android I was hooked. It *gets* me. I barely even have to look at the text to make sure it's *reading my freaking mind*. It's effortless right from the beginning, no training required.

Swiping up on the Z10 is just frustrating. It just doesn't get me. I *really* wish they'd come out with Swype technology on the Z10.
    12-30-14 03:40 PM
    I've had BBs most of my adult life and have had the Z10 for a couple of years. Once I tried Swype on the Android I was hooked. It *gets* me. I barely even have to look at the text to make sure it's *reading my freaking mind*. It's effortless right from the beginning, no training required.

Swiping up on the Z10 is just frustrating. It just doesn't get me. I *really* wish they'd come out with Swype technology on the Z10.
    I agree. The more options the better

Posted via CB10
    12-30-14 03:46 PM