Hey
    I have a sim in my bb, with a micro sim inside. I am switching to the iPhone 4s, so hoping to use my sim with it. If i save my contacts to Sim phone book in my bb, when I transfer my sim will my contacts come with it?
    Also will my number be automatically transferred?
    Please help answer both
    Thank you!
    04-27-15 01:12 PM
    You can certainly save your contacts to the SIM and then import them on your new device - with some caveats. There is a limitation to how many contacts the SIM can store, off the top of my head maybe 500, so if you have more then there may be loss. Also, the SIM only stores the most basic contact information (name and number basically) so any more advanced info may be lost. Further, if a contact has more than one number, that may also not be saved.
    Your own number doesn't actually have to be on the SIM at all (the network uses a subscriber id instead), but if it is there it will transfer.

Safer alternatives to using save to SIM are:
    - sending the contacts over bluetooth to your new device,
    - or using a cloud service to backup your contacts and transfer to new device.
    You can certainly save your contacts to the SIM and then import them on your new device - with some caveats. There is a limitation to how many contacts the SIM can store, off the top of my head maybe 500, so if you have more then there may be loss. Also, the SIM only stores the most basic contact information (name and number basically) so any more advanced info may be lost. Further, if a contact has more than one number, that may also not be saved.
    Your own number doesn't actually have to be on the SIM at all (the network uses a subscriber id instead), but if it is there it will transfer.

Safer alternatives to using save to SIM are:
    - sending the contacts over bluetooth to your new device,
    - or using a cloud service to backup your contacts and transfer to new device.
    04-27-15 01:49 PM