I'm looking to switch to blackberry from a Sony xperia Z, I'm looking to get the blackberry passport or Classic, I'm just wondering if the torch 9810 would still be any good for YouTube, would I be better of with a passport or Classic if I had a separate device for media consumption, I can get the passport for �170/$207 and the classic for �120/$146, what would you recommend?
    10-30-16 05:12 PM
    I'm looking to switch to blackberry from a Sony xperia Z, I'm looking to get the blackberry passport or Classic, I'm just wondering if the torch 9810 would still be any good for YouTube, would I be better of with a passport or Classic if I had a separate device for media consumption, I can get the passport for �170/$207 and the classic for �120/$146, what would you recommend?
    Either the Classic or Passport will be more current, plus both run BB10. Stay away from the Torch.

Posted via CB10
    10-30-16 05:48 PM
    Yeah ... i'm sure the Torch is probably fine for youtube (although personally I think it will be slow). Everything like web browsing seemed very slow on the BBOS (although it has been a while since i touched it). I agree that you should stick to BB10 devices if you are going with BlackBerry. There are a lot of us on this site that love the OS, although it does appear to be on its last legs and we aren't seeing much updates and BlackBerry, as you know, are focusing on their BlackBerry secured Android devices.

If you just need it for YouTube, then it will be fine. I would go with the Passport since you not only get a great device, the ability to use the keyboard as a trackpad is such a great feature. That doesn't exist on the Classic. Please note though that the Classic is a "full keyboard". Has the SHIFT and ALT key. Those do not exist on the Passport. It takes some getting used to but nothing too difficult. If you have the chance, you should test them out and see what suits you more. I have both devices and I can't let go of my Passport. I have the AT&T version (nice, rounded corners), but I would also get the Silver Edition one. I"m not a huge fan of the full square one (i.e. sharp corners on all edges).

Let us know how it goes.
    10-30-16 10:31 PM
    Thanks, I'll be sure to let you know how I get on 👍
    10-31-16 03:43 AM
    Passport !!! ;p

Posted via CB10
    10-31-16 06:33 AM
    I do have the z10,
    But I agree on the passport as newer phone

Posted via CB10
    10-31-16 07:57 AM
    Go with Blackberry Passport SE (silver edition) it looks much more premium then ordinary BB Passport.
    And in my personal view i like the square shape of Passport.
    10-31-16 12:50 PM
    Hi I just wanted to check it was possible to get google play music and gmail on the blackberry passport/classic. and wondered what the android app performance was like on passport v the classic v the z30 as I'm getting my blackberry this Sunday and its between the classic, passport and z30
    11-24-16 03:09 PM
    Hi I just wanted to check it was possible to get google play music and gmail on the blackberry passport/classic. and wondered what the android app performance was like on passport v the classic v the z30 as I'm getting my blackberry this Sunday and its between the classic, passport and z30
    Gmail can be set up with some conditions.

http://m.crackberry.com/how-setup-gm...av-and-carddav

Google play services and apps which require it will require a work around to be installed on your device of choice.
    Read first page carefully.

http://forums.crackberry.com/android...g-page-965257/

Can't speak on behalf of the Classic but I've found app performance to be somewhat more consistent on the PP vs the z30, however there are some app limitations with the PP given its screen size ratio.

With the inevitable demise of BB10 just wondering if you may be better served with one of Blackberrys android models.????

Posted via CB10
    11-24-16 04:21 PM