I have a z10 and I have a z30.

I'm currently using the z30, but there are times that I wish I could use the z10 just because it's smaller and nicer to carry around in the summer when wearing shorts.
    Is it easy to switch between them? Is it just a matter of switching the sim card back and forth?
    I don't want to screw up my phone.

Posted via CB10
    06-18-14 10:51 PM
    Depends on which carrier, since you'll need to activate each switch. Also what OS you use is important. I'd stick with official of the same version, or Link won't play nice during the device switch.
    06-18-14 11:00 PM
    I'm with Bell.
    OS 10.2.1.2941

So as long as the z10 has the same updated OS it should work?
    Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    06-18-14 11:08 PM
    I wouldn't use the device switch function from Link if I were you, I would rather configure both phones to have all accounts and necessary stuff installed and sync'ed. If both phones are from the same carrier (or from sibling carrier, like Telus-Koodo), you just need to switch the SIM card. Same with unlocked phones.

I have a Telus Z30 I mainly use on Wi-Fi and a Koodo Q5 with my SIM card in it, and I often switch back and forth between phones when I want to being only one of them with me. Ah, and my Z30 is on 10.3 and my Q5 on 10.2.1, so no problem there. Just don't use Link, you don't need it anyway.

In fact, the only thing you will lose switching between devices if your BBM chat history, since when you switch devices and reopen BBM, it is transfered to your new device and deactivated on the other one. You will also need to redownload stickers, but obviously not pay for them again. For the rest, contacts, channels, groups, they switch transparently.

Posted via CB10 on my Z30STA100-5/10.3.0.296
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    06-18-14 11:42 PM
    What you'll lose is changes to word substitute, browser bookmarks and history, notification settings, local contacts and calendar, and call history off the top of my head. If those mean nothing to you, then by all means, skip the device switch and save some time.
    06-19-14 06:21 AM
    Thanks for all the help!

Posted via CB10
    06-19-14 06:52 AM
    What you'll lose is changes to word substitute, browser bookmarks and history, notification settings, local contacts and calendar, and call history off the top of my head. If those mean nothing to you, then by all means, skip the device switch and save some time.
    True, though you can use Gmail or Outlook to sync your contacts and calendar. I don't have complicated notification settings, bookmarks or word substitution, so the rest doesn't really affect me so I just duplicated them manually once, but if it's important to you, BigBadWulf showed you the way.

Ahh... if we still had selective restores...

Posted via CB10 on my Z30STA100-5/10.3.0.296
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    06-19-14 07:07 AM
    Use Backup Pro on both phones and sync via Box or Dropbox.

An update is awaiting approval that also does SMS/MMS backup and restore, so that's one more thing covered.

Bookmarks solution also coming.

Posted via CB10
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    06-19-14 10:02 AM
    Use Backup Pro on both phones and sync via Box or Dropbox.

An update is awaiting approval that also does SMS/MMS backup and restore, so that's one more thing covered.

Bookmarks solution also coming.

Posted via CB10
    I use and recommend it, unfortunately as you know, it's still not a complete solution.

Yes, I know that's not the fault of the developer.
    FireChestApps likes this.
    06-19-14 12:33 PM