Hello everyone. I am thinking about switching to Blackberry when it is time for my next upgrade. However, I had some questions about Blackberry phones that I need to know the answers to before I make the leap (no pun intended).
    First, do Blackberry phones allow the SD cards to be mounted as a mass storage device? Android has taken away that functionality and replaced it with MTP. I really want mass storage back!
    Second, I notice some slightly choppy animations with the Android OS (usually when the phone gets older. It is smooth as butter when the phone is new). Does Blackberry handle them better, even on an older phone? Should I just accept this quirk with any older phone?
    Third, how long does it take to get updates on Verizon? It took more than 6 months for me to get Lollipop.
    Finally, how well does Blackberry run Android apps? Do you notice any problems, such as decreased battery life, etc?
    Thank you all for your input.
    06-08-15 10:42 AM
    Hello everyone. I am thinking about switching to Blackberry when it is time for my next upgrade. However, I had some questions about Blackberry phones that I need to know the answers to before I make the leap (no pun intended).
    First, do Blackberry phones allow the SD cards to be mounted as a mass storage device? Android has taken away that functionality and replaced it with MTP. I really want mass storage back!
    Second, I notice some slightly choppy animations with the Android OS (usually when the phone gets older. It is smooth as butter when the phone is new). Does Blackberry handle them better, even on an older phone? Should I just accept this quirk with any older phone?
    Third, how long does it take to get updates on Verizon? It took more than 6 months for me to get Lollipop.
    Finally, how well does Blackberry run Android apps? Do you notice any problems, such as decreased battery life, etc?
    Thank you all for your input.
    1) yes

2) yes

3) your better off buying unlocked device direct from BB, or Amazon if you want timely updates. If you go with a carrier phone, might as well learn about leaked OS'

4)sometimes better, sometimes worse, sometimes not at all. all depends on the droid app
    kalonjie and Ecm like this.
    06-08-15 10:59 AM
    So first of all I have a phone (Z10) that you could buy in 2013 and it still works smooth. They handle guarantee very well so if something is wrong they send you a new device.

Secondary the Os is amazing even for a 17 years old like me it's very handy to have a place where everything comes together.
    Some Android apps don't run quite well but most do

Z10 STL100-2 10.3.1779
    06-08-15 11:17 AM