Okay, the title gives little information, so allow me to elaborate. I dropped my Blackberry Z10 on to a hardwood floor from the height of my breast pocket. I have a warranty with T-Mobile, and they gave 2 options, either replace my phone, or get a new one without any additional fees. The thing is, T-Mobile no longer carries Blackberry phones, so if I choose to get a new device, they will have me start paying for the new phone in monthly installments. I personally love Blackberry 10, but I really want to upgrade, should I get an Android device such as the Xperia Z3, or the Galaxy Note 4, or should I wait until I can get a Blackberry Passport/Classic?

My needs include multimedia (i.e. pictures, videos, hdmi/miracast output), a long battery life, and a wealthy amount of location based services (on my Z10, I use Maps, ARKick, and Yelp). Can Android service my needs?
    Last edited by ItsCourage; 11-02-14 at 11:30 AM.
    11-02-14 11:18 AM
    Switch too android and have fun installing virusses and sharing all your data with whatever malware you will be getting on your phone.
    bbjdog likes this.
    11-02-14 11:33 AM
    Thanks for the response, but I'm usually careful with that kind of stuff. Even on my Z10 I run antivirus and anti-malware once a week.
    11-02-14 11:36 AM
    Thanks for the response, but I'm usually careful with that kind of stuff. Even on my Z10 I run antivirus and anti-malware once a week.
    Doesnt matter how careful you are, thats android.. collects your data and sells it too anyone that cares.
    bbjdog likes this.
    11-02-14 11:39 AM
    Okay, the title gives little information, so allow me to elaborate. I dropped my Blackberry Z10 on to a hardwood floor from the height of my breast pocket. I have a warranty with T-Mobile, and they gave 2 options, either replace my phone, or get a new one without any additional fees. The thing is, T-Mobile no longer carries Blackberry phones, so if I choose to get a new device, they will have me start paying for the new phone in monthly installments. I personally love Blackberry 10, but I really want to upgrade, should I get an Android device such as the Xperia Z3, or the Galaxy Note 4, or should I wait until I can get a Blackberry Passport/Classic?

My needs include multimedia (i.e. pictures, videos, hdmi/miracast output), a long battery life, and a wealthy amount of location based services (on my Z10, I use Maps, ARKick, and Yelp). Can Android service my needs?
    Take a look at a post I did a few minute ago:

From the Z10 to the Z30...worth it?!

It may help. If you have any other questions, glad to answer!

Cheers!

Posted via CB10 on my BlackBerry Passport SR 10.3.0.908, OS 10.3.0.1418
    cacciucco and ItsCourage like this.
    11-02-14 11:39 AM
    What does this mean in terms of us BlackBerry users downloading android apps from snap or amazon!??

Posted via CB10
    11-02-14 12:10 PM
    The Android runtime present on Blackberry devices makes it so that android apps cannot corrupt Blackberry apps, and the lack of Google Play Services means that Google has no access to your information.
    anischab likes this.
    11-02-14 12:25 PM
    It depends on how much money you are willing to spend on phones if you are willing to spend you'll be much happier with bb10 because you are used to it and because of everything bb10 has to offer but if you would rather not have to pay then go with android

The good things cost money if you spend your money you'll get what you like if you don't spend you'll have to be stuck with something not as good

Z30STA100-3/10.2.1.3289
    11-02-14 12:55 PM
    Get the most expensive Android phone you can get, unlock it and sell it.. then buy a z30 or other on shopblackberry.com then pocket the difference.

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy and anischab like this.
    11-02-14 12:59 PM
    I like the way you think, but if I were to get an all touch device by Blackberry, I'd prefer one that doesn't become a year old in less than 2 weeks.
    11-02-14 01:20 PM
    A great shape z10 is less than 150 on ebay. I know it sucks though.

Posted via CB10
    11-02-14 06:04 PM
    I like the way you think, but if I were to get an all touch device by Blackberry, I'd prefer one that doesn't become a year old in less than 2 weeks.
    Still a great phone for $299 unlocked. Can you really beat that value especially getting 10.3.1 + BLEND in a few weeks. I think it's justifiable.. that why I bought one

Posted via CB10 on my Awesome BlackBerry Passport
    11-02-14 08:34 PM
    For the current ShopBB price of $299, the Z30 looks like a great choice. Who cares how old it is?

If you're looking at Android, the OnePlus One is an awesome phone for the price. $350 unlocked. 2.5gHz Snapdragon 801. 3gb of ram. 64gb of internal storage. 3100mAh battery. 13mp camera. 5.5" 1080p screen. Running a custom build of CyanogenMod 11S.

If you need to stick with an Android phone that T-Mobile carries right now, the Note 4 would probably be the best choice. If you can wait a little while, I belive the Nexus 6 comes to T-mobile in mid November? The 12th if I'm not mistaken.
    11-02-14 09:21 PM
    Based on your needs OP, an android device sounds right for you. I just bought a sony Xperia z1 to replace my busted z10, and its amazing, especially the battery life! So I'm only assuming that the battery life is much better on the z3!

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    11-02-14 09:28 PM
    My household has 2 BlackBerry phones and 2 Androids. The frustration that we feel with the Androids is really something else. There is so little logic to the way the Androids work, that at times, we literally almost throw them through the wall. Now, the BlackBerry devices are not perfect, but wow, in comparison to the Androids, what a huge difference. If you're looking for a phone, PIM and messaging, go Blackberry. If you're looking for mostly social and games, go Android.
    11-02-14 09:38 PM
    Thanks for the responses, my verdict is the Nexus 6, the reason being that it has a great battery life (giving you 6 hours of usage from 15 minutes of charge), android 5.0 lollipop which is very intuitive, multimedia galore, capable of chromecast, hdmi through slimport, and usb otg. The only issues I'm going to have is the lack of blackberry hub, link, and file manager, otherwise, I'll be loading a stable release of cyanogenmod then under clocking it to improve battery life even further. Can't wait until it releases on November 12th.

Now that's not to say I'll be ditching BlackBerry all together. I'll be keeping my ear to the ground on Crackberry and I hope one day to return to BlackBerry if they come to an agreement with T-mobile.

I hope the people at Android Central are as cool as you all.

Posted via CB10
    11-04-14 10:06 AM
    Good luck to the OP... great thread because little trolling.....
    11-04-14 10:18 AM