I did an ID reset using a different Email address.
    All seemed OK, logged in to my account etc. All the info in the device OK but Confirming Email, Verifying the ID from the device is Impossible. It will not accept the password period. Also, the other weird thing is that the Blackberry Protect is ON even though I don't remember setting to ON. Turning It to off is Impossible because It asks for the Password which It will not accept.. In any case, I have use of the phone anyways.
    Update...
    I did a factory reset and now it gets stuck on the "Blackberry Protect anti-theft feature is on. Please sign in with the BlackBerry ID was used to setup this device"
    I put the original email I originally used but I had changed the password many times so I can't remember which password I had used at the time. Any way to continue the setup? or I have to throw this phone in the garbage? Actually I had done the same thing with my wife's phone and I'll have to throw that in the garbage also.

Does Blackberry Help with this Idiocy of theirs?
    02-22-16 09:38 PM
    If you have the original email and BBid you can try password recovery.

https://blackberryid.blackberry.com/...coverpassword/

Posted via CB10
    02-22-16 09:46 PM
    I've also read in the forums that BlackBerry can reset device if you can provide proof of purchase and verify original ownership....all anecdotal but worth a look if you can't unlock devices.

Posted via CB10
    02-22-16 09:49 PM
    You did the same thing to two phones???
    02-22-16 09:51 PM
    My wife's was purchased from a local store.
    But just now it seemed to accepted the last ID change and it works.

Mine was purchased second hand. I'm still trying ...
    02-22-16 10:02 PM
    If you are able to recover your password make sure to login to BB Protect and disassociate your device before you do a reload of OS. That will allow you to enter "new" BBid if you have created a new one on device.

Post back if you have success with the password recovery link. I've used it successfully but some have reported otherwise.
    02-22-16 10:08 PM
    I have tried 3 different email IDs I had used in the last 2 years, Possibly one of them used was for the playbook.. It is stuck on the "Blackberry Protect anti-theft feature is on..." Also, I have never associated It with the BB Protect. This is outright Shameful from Blackberry! I have paid hard earned money for this phone! Why should I need to throw it in the garbage. I'm furious!
    02-22-16 10:49 PM
    Use the software recovery link with each email you have associated to a Blackberry id. Hopefully one of them should provide you with an appropriate password for Z30.

If your phone was not security wiped prior to purchase AND if the original owner never removed the phone from his BB Protect list that could be the cause of your problem...but that is unlikely since it would have prevented you from enabling device with your own bbid when first purchased so keep trying password recovery with each of your bbid.
    BB protect automatically associates with device when BB protect is initially set up or if its turned on, even momentarily. That association remains even if BB Protect is disabled on phone.
    02-22-16 11:24 PM
    I have tried 3 different email IDs I had used in the last 2 years, Possibly one of them used was for the playbook.. It is stuck on the "Blackberry Protect anti-theft feature is on..." Also, I have never associated It with the BB Protect. This is outright Shameful from Blackberry! I have paid hard earned money for this phone! Why should I need to throw it in the garbage. I'm furious!
    You mean the one purchased second hand? Could it be that it's tied the original owner's ID and they didn't turn off BlackBerry Protect before you wiped the device? And it's not shameful on BlackBerry's behalf, it's doing exactly what it's supposed to do.
    Do you still know the previous owner because you may require them to disassociate the device from BlackBerry Protect.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    02-22-16 11:29 PM
    I paid hard earned money for this phone!
    Why should i throw it in the garbage?
    02-23-16 12:17 AM
    Noone has suggested you do so....No need to pitch it out. Follow the suggestions provided and hopefully you'll get some resolution. If you can't retrieve your forgotten password you can probably sell device for parts...just a suggestion so you dont lose out entirely.
    02-23-16 12:27 AM
    I paid hard earned money for this phone!
    Why should i throw it in the garbage?
    Again, not the fault of BlackBerry as the feature is doing what it is supposed to do. The seller needed to turn off BlackBerry Protect prior to wipe otherwise only their ID will work hence the anti theft feature. So rather then complaining and blaming BlackBerry, I would suggest you contact the seller and ask for their help is disassociating their ID.

02-23-16 01:03 AM
    Wrong! There are millions of BB phones changing ownership around the world. If blackberry trying to render them useless, they might as well close shop. Not too smart. Is It?
    02-23-16 02:50 AM
    I don't think there was BlackBerry Protect back then otherwise I wouldn't be able to use It all this time.
    02-23-16 02:53 AM
    It must be asking for the BBID that was originally registered with. This is outright stupid. As if BB expects people to make sure they don't loose their original email account or else this will happen.
    02-23-16 06:46 AM
    What's ridiculous is that you don't understand what an anti theft feature is. This is in no way the fault of BlackBerry. You are trying all your old email accounts and getting upset when in fact it is the account of the previous owner that is required.
    BlackBerry has documented what to do when selling your device so these things don't happen.Neither of you read anything and now you are whining about it.
    Had your phone been stolen, I'm sure you would be praising these anti theft features.

marshalayy and sonicpix like this.
    02-23-16 07:05 AM
    I had a talk with the BB support. They said there could be the possibility of BB servers problem. They couldn't find any of my BBIDs of the last 2 years. They suggested that I should wait another 24 hours and try again. If I still have a problem they will raise the request to a higher level and investigate further. One thing I have to say though... They are Pros. They kept their cool while I was screaming I did point out that defaulting the Protect feature to On after the latest update is not a good Idea resulting in this mess.
    02-23-16 10:51 PM
    https://nakedsecurity.sophos.com/201...t-kill-switch/
    The kill switch is here: iOS 8 enables it by default | PCWorld
    Windows Phone 8.1 will have its very own anti-theft kill switch | TechRadar
    Smartphone Anti-Theft Voluntary Commitment
    The following network operators, device manufacturers and operating system companies are participating in the voluntary commitment: Apple Inc.; Assurant; Asurion; AT&T; BlackBerry; Google Inc.; HTC America Inc.; Huawei Device USA, Inc.; LGE Mobile Research U. S. A., LLC; Microsoft Corporation; Motorola Mobility LLC; Samsung Electronics America, Inc.; Sprint Corporation; T-Mobile USA; U.S. Cellular; Verizon and ZTE USA Inc.
    Welcome to the world of phone anti theft kill switches.
    02-23-16 11:12 PM
    They kept their cool while I was screaming I did point out that defaulting the Protect feature to On after the latest update is not a good Idea resulting in this mess.
    Screaming is never a good method to get support, but I'm glad BlackBerry Support remained professional.

The anti-theft protection is mandated in many areas by law so there's not much that BlackBerry or carriers can do for that. In all honesty, the feature is likely to help more people than it hinders.

It does sound like there's some kind of background issues in your case though.

Posted via CB10
    02-24-16 05:48 AM
    I had a talk with the BB support. They said there could be the possibility of BB servers problem. They couldn't find any of my BBIDs of the last 2 years. They suggested that I should wait another 24 hours and try again. If I still have a problem they will raise the request to a higher level and investigate further. One thing I have to say though... They are Pros. They kept their cool while I was screaming I did point out that defaulting the Protect feature to On after the latest update is not a good Idea resulting in this mess.
    Maybe they were trying to get you off the phone because if you bought the phone from someone else and wiped it with BlackBerry Protect on, NONE of your old BlackBerry IDs will do anything for you. It has to be the ID that was on the phone when it was wiped. Why do you keep talking about your old IDs? Unless I have something in your story wrong, you just seem to not want to get it.

02-24-16 07:57 PM