Hi,
    This my first post. I bought a BlackBerry classic and I really love it. I saw that some people were able to use Walmart's Straight Talk provider. So I tried it, and it works for voice but not data. It is important because this is my only Internet connection, and I am reluctant to go to Verizon, (it's a poverty thing).
    I am thinking that my settings need to be adjusted. But I am not sure.

Thanks for reading this.

Posted via CB10
    01-24-15 12:39 PM
    Hello, welcome to CB. Straight Talk is a multi-network service provider. Which network's service do you have through ST? It would help to know this so that we can get you some settings information.
    01-24-15 12:58 PM
    I just set up a friend on a Z10 using Straight Talk. Check your settings -> network -> mobile network -> APN

For his phone I had to set the APN to tfdata, I suspect most are similar. I found that by going to their website and entering his phone # and picking "other" for the device type. How To Update Data Settings: StraightTalk Wireless

Richard
    01-24-15 01:02 PM
    Hi, Thanks for your reply.
    I put an AT&T sim card in the phone, and set the APN to tfdata. Looks to me that I may need a username and password also.
    Thanks for your time.

Stuart
    01-26-15 11:21 AM
    Hay Richard,
    Thanks for your reply, I set the APN to tfdata but it looks like it might need a Username and a Password also. I am using a AT$T sim card.

Thanks for your encouragement, it will take time but I do want to get this to work.

Stuart
    01-26-15 11:24 AM
    Hello everyone,
    so I've been browsing the forums. I need a straight answer, as it is unclear.
    I understand I can use (unlocked) Blackberry classic GSM (at&t) on the Straight talk network via SIMcard and various settings....

My question:
    What about (unlocked) Verizon LTE Blackberry Classic on the Straight Talk Verizon towers? (note, I don't think there's a SIM card in this version, or is there?)
    If this is possible, how do I get started? =)

Thanks for your forums.
    My Blackberry curve 9310c prepaid on Straight Talk verizon towers has died and I cannot find that phone version anywhere decently priced.
    04-19-15 11:23 PM