I went to a Sprint corporate store today to ask about switching out my Q-10 for another and the manager there told me that Sprint is discontinuing BlackBerry. Has anyone else heard this? And also, the reason for switching out for another Q-10 is because the battery isn't very secure. The slightest set down or bump causes my device to re boot itself throughout the day.
    The moral is really is that I can't even seem to get another Q-10 through my carrier which may lead me to jump the Sprint ship.

Posted via CB10
    11-24-14 05:19 PM
    Sounds like an idiotic sales rep. As for the battery try to brace it with some paper to get a better connection on the leads.

Posted via CB10
    FairlightRacing likes this.
    11-24-14 05:24 PM
    Someone suggested I do the same thing because I was having the same problem but it just irks me that Sprint tricked me into making payments for the full price of the phone when I could have just gotten it for $199 with a contract. So now I'm paying full price and have to slide a piece a paper to fix a
    problem that's............oh well.....just venting.

arTie's berry "Q10"
    11-24-14 05:55 PM
    I wouldn't be surprised if she didn't know what she was talking about. She told me I couldn't even order a new Q-10. You know what I think is funny is after reading CB almost everyday, is when someone tries to tell me a negative opinionated fact about Blackberry.

Posted via CB10
    11-24-14 09:37 PM
    Someone suggested I do the same thing because I was having the same problem but it just irks me that Sprint tricked me into making payments for the full price of the phone when I could have just gotten it for $199 with a contract. So now I'm paying full price and have to slide a piece a paper to fix a
    problem that's............oh well.....just venting.

arTie's berry "Q10"

Vent away arTie. I have been with Sprint for about 7 years and it seems that customer loyalty doesn't matter with them. I'll leave out the details for now, but my newer motive for leaving Sprint is that I won't be able to use any of the newer BlackBerry's coming out, and it's seems like for a while now Sprint has been neglecting it's BlackBerry customers. Remember how long it took the Q-10 to come out, or even OS 10.2.

Posted via CB10
    11-24-14 09:47 PM
    Well, here in Canada a few months back a Toronto Bell Store Manager told me BlackBerry was going out of business. I wouldn't believe anything coming from a store rep or management. Just unreal how this is allowed to go on and on and on.

'BB POWERED' C001C1D66
    11-24-14 09:52 PM
    Taithleach I totally agree, deciding on where to go is a tough one since I've always been with Sprint all these years.

arTie's berry "Q10"
    11-25-14 12:15 AM
    Don't know of any upcoming Sprint models for the Passport or Classic. Verizon has the same arbitrary CDMA restrictions, but at least they have customers.

Posted via CB10
    11-25-14 01:05 AM
    That decision is a tough one indeed. I thought about ATT but after reading about what they are doing to their grandfathered unlimited plan customers by throttled data speeds after a certain amount of data they use, that just shows how loyal they are. LoL

Posted via CB10
    12-13-14 06:50 AM
    Don't know of any upcoming Sprint models for the Passport or Classic. Verizon has the same arbitrary CDMA restrictions, but at least they have customers.

Posted via CB10
    I did see that Blackberry will come out with CDMA radio versions of the Classic at least. Not sure about the Passport though, that would be nice as well.

Posted via CB10
    12-13-14 06:53 AM
    I like your slipped in zinger there, sir.
    12-13-14 10:13 AM
    The Verizon place is much the same way about blackberry. Mis information is not helping them when sales rep say that stay away from them cause they went out of business......

Posted via CB10
    12-13-14 01:31 PM
    It just blows my mind how they are just going to tell their customers something false that they have no clue about.

Posted via CB10
    12-13-14 06:19 PM