ao can i remove the anti theft
    05-02-16 05:18 AM
    You can't.

Go back to the original owner and ask for BBid and password.

If they don't have it, or you can't get in contact, hope you have a receipt or something, and ask BlackBerry directly for help.

If you don't, congrats, you have a brick.

Posted via a Priv on an 6.0 Mushroom
    05-02-16 06:12 AM
    Well, there is no 'officially sanctioned' way of doing this.

Try above, bearing in mind that there might be unofficial ways of doing so.

Good look.
    05-02-16 09:41 AM
    You can't remove the anti-theft, that's the point.
    05-02-16 09:51 AM
    The previous owner probably won't give up his Id and password, so just ask him to login to BlackBerry Protect and remove the device from the list.

If he won"t do this, complain through PayPal, Ebay, forums, etc. that he sold you a non-functional device because that is exactly what it is until it is released. Anti-theft is there for a reason, and I would not try to circumvent it as it could be a "hot" phone.
    05-02-16 09:54 AM
    Actually It can remove anti theft right now
    05-02-16 10:24 AM
    Yeah ok

Blackberry Passport Running 10.3.2.2813
    05-02-16 10:26 AM

http://xtechmobile.com/2015/12/05/ho...berry-id-bb10/

I've tried it, and i can remove anti-theft, reload autoloader dev os
    05-02-16 10:29 AM
    I've tried it, and i can remove anti-theft, reload autoloader dev os
    I've tried it and it doesn't work, so...

http://forums.crackberry.com/ask-que...sword-1062831/
    05-02-16 10:39 AM
    Strange, my friend asked me how to remove it, he has z3. I forget what os version at the time before reloading os dev z3, and no asking blackberry id again (Bb Protect) after that.
    05-02-16 11:06 AM
    Strange, my friend asked me how to remove it, he has z3. I forget what os version at the time before reloading os dev z3, and no asking blackberry id again (Bb Protect) after that.
    The real key is what OS version... BB10.3.2 add this protection almost a year ago. So anyone running an older OS... and there are many that still are. Don't have to worry - or aren't protected. A simple wipe is all it took to allow anyone to become the owner of a device.

Once the new OS has been installed, it also locks out the installation of any older versions of the software.

If that video were legit... the first thing I'd do is download an official version of BB10.3.1 and install it. And of course go get a new harddrive for my PC and reload Windows....
    05-02-16 11:28 AM
    The real key is what OS version... BB10.3.2 add this protection almost a year ago. So anyone running an older OS... and there are many that still are. Don't have to worry - or aren't protected. A simple wipe is all it took to allow anyone to become the owner of a device.

Once the new OS has been installed, it also locks out the installation of any older versions of the software.

If that video were legit... the first thing I'd do is download an official version of BB10.3.1 and install it. And of course go get a new harddrive for my PC and reload Windows....
    It was running os 10.3.2 that has anti theft, I don't remember its version, 10.3.2.xxxx. Just try it and you'll know it. How people in this popular bb forum didn't know that bb anti theft already be uprooted with simple method? This has been a long time.
    05-02-16 11:57 AM
    It was running os 10.3.2 that has anti theft, I don't remember its version, 10.3.2.xxxx. Just try it and you'll know it. How people in this popular bb forum didn't know that bb anti theft already be uprooted with simple method? This has been a long time.
    Then it most likely was some three digit developer os version, where protect wasn't implemented yet. People tried it already, it didn't work.

Via Pasta CB10
    05-02-16 12:19 PM
    Then it most likely was some three digit developer os version, where protect wasn't implemented yet. People tried it already, it didn't work.

Via Pasta CB10
    I tried it and it worked
    05-02-16 12:30 PM
    I tried it and it worked
    Try again.

Posted via CB10
    raino likes this.
    05-02-16 12:41 PM