Did a software reload on a Z10 Stl100-3 using Link, and the device is working, but a bunch of settings are still there. This leads me to believe it didn't actually erase and reload the device.

Then did a soft-brick using an autoloader, and subsequently reloaded using Link, and STILL the settings are there.

Is there any way to truly erase the device...and do an absolutely clean install using Link?

Thanks!
    06-18-15 08:14 PM
    you can nuke your device, or use sic wipe, they will leave your device totally cleaned, then hook up to link and reload software,

now i'm not sure this is 100% going to work, but if you have to use link , why not just run a auto loader and do it all at once.
    06-18-15 08:29 PM
    Thanks. Can you give me a little more info on "nuke" and "sic wipe"? As for the autoloader it really comes down to software integrity, and its been a game of politics at our organization. We can't confirm whether or not autoloaders are "compliant" for regulatory purposes, and nobody wants to take the chance in case they aren't. Hence the need for Link.

Maybe a better question is why the settings persist after a "reload"? It doesn't seem to make sense.
    06-18-15 08:46 PM
    Are you on Bes if so your IT dept might have it locked.
    06-18-15 08:53 PM
    This is just a free standing device...not on BES. We're trying to clean up the device and make it as good as new, so that we can deploy it. And our IT department isn't much to speak of, you wouldn't call it robust haha, its mainly one guy and I pick up the extra slack because I'm the most tech savvy. We're a small company, but highly regulated.
    06-18-15 08:58 PM
    Here is the link to sic,

SIC Multiwipe BB10, BBOS & PB - clean your device before auto/app loader - BlackBerry Forums at CrackBerry.com

Just so you know the autoloader is the exact same os as they come from BB and there is no difference , mind you i would use Thurask OS archive as they are very trust worthy .

here is the link to his archive.

https://drive.bitcasa.com/send/6tMMp...3dTocYhTwQn6io
    06-18-15 09:02 PM
    Here is the link to sic,

SIC Multiwipe BB10, BBOS & PB - clean your device before auto/app loader - BlackBerry Forums at CrackBerry.com

Just so you know the autoloader is the exact same os as they come from BB and there is no difference , mind you i would use Thurask OS archive as they are very trust worthy .

here is the link to his archive.

https://drive.bitcasa.com/send/6tMMp...3dTocYhTwQn6io
    Thanks for the info! I will check it out....although we've got a bigger problem now, as the Z10 will no longer recognize a sim!
    06-20-15 12:01 AM
    From a regulatory perspective, the method BlackBerry uses to sign hardware and software before boot should allow for better assurance that the operating system files have not been altered. The real issue is going to be the chain of custody since the files are not coming from BlackBerry but from an unknown third-party.

Posted via CB10
    06-20-15 10:27 AM
    It would help if you mentioned exactly wht settings you think are remembered between reloads?

BlackBerry 10, Passport signed.
    06-20-15 10:30 AM
    What settings are not getting erased? Let us know.
    I have done software reload with Link a couple of times and it came back brand new.

Z30STA100-2/OS10.3.BLACKBERRY
    06-20-15 10:58 AM
    From a regulatory perspective, the method BlackBerry uses to sign hardware and software before boot should allow for better assurance that the operating system files have not been altered. The real issue is going to be the chain of custody since the files are not coming from BlackBerry but from an unknown third-party.

Yes, its been a battle within our organization. However, I did read somewhere that you can verify the software comes from Blackberry through Sachesi, but then I guess now was have to verify sachesi too! It never ends.
    Posted via CB10
    06-20-15 02:35 PM
    The settings that are left over seem to be things related to the keyboard (dark vs light), and stuff like that. Nothing major, but it does seem to indicate that its not a FULL wipe and reload...which makes our team a little uneasy.
    06-20-15 02:39 PM
    I still don't fully understand. Are you sure those are not just the default settings for your device?

BlackBerry 10, Passport signed.
    06-20-15 05:01 PM
    The settings that are left over seem to be things related to the keyboard (dark vs light), and stuff like that. Nothing major, but it does seem to indicate that its not a FULL wipe and reload...which makes our team a little uneasy.
    For a z10, I think the default settings for keyboard is "automatic" or "light".
    You need to confirm which settings are default or not. Doing a wipe/reload will return everything to default settings.

Z30STA100-2/OS10.3.BLACKBERRY
    06-20-15 10:31 PM