Hi, I am aware that I can set up an automated 'out of office' reply for email accounts while on holiday however I wonder if such a facility exists on my Passport to set up a similar automated SMS/Text response? If not, is there a recommended app I might download?

Thanks, in anticipation.
    07-01-16 07:18 AM
    Hi, I am aware that I can set up an automated 'out of office' reply for email accounts while on holiday however I wonder if such a facility exists on my Passport to set up a similar automated SMS/Text response? If not, is there a recommended app I might download?

Thanks, in anticipation.
    The out of office reply is set up on the servers on an email. There is no such thing for SMS unless your carrier offers it. An app would have to be able to send out SMS for you and I don't think any OS offers that permission. I might be wrong... but I never saw that

Thanks, in anticipation.
    The out of office reply is set up on the servers on an email. There is no such thing for SMS unless your carrier offers it. An app would have to be able to send out SMS for you and I don't think any OS offers that permission. I might be wrong... but I never saw that
    07-01-16 07:22 AM
    Thanks Bobshine I appreciate your reponse.
    07-01-16 07:27 AM
    Thanks Bobshine I appreciate your reponse.
    even if there's an app that can do that, I would not recommend it especially if you are travelling since you may incur huge roaming charges!
    raino likes this.
    07-01-16 11:28 PM
    I never saw native Os have that features but do i use an app "Situation" from Pastilli Labs before that allow users to send SMS automatic based on time or location such as set up phone to send SMS if receive a call on certain time or location. I actually done it before but don't ask me how i set it as i already forgot. I use a symbian version so not sure if android version is the same.
    07-02-16 11:39 AM