Hi,

I have this issue and have been pulling my hair off as there seems to be no fix for it. It is such an important thing and I have no idea MS hasn�t fixed it yet. I had a Lumia 920 up until 3 months ago and I had backed up all of my SMS�s in to my outlook.com account. 3 months ago I have got a Z10 and I could not find any way to restore ms text messages from my outlook account onto my Z10. Is there anyone who has a fix for this?

I would be so grateful for any information.

Many thanks...
    02-28-15 06:51 AM
    Hmmm...i wouldn't think there would be a way. Can't you go back to Outlook and read those SMS when you want to as a backed up file? Can they be downloaded as a text file?
    02-28-15 08:01 AM
    Hi,

I have this issue and have been pulling my hair off as there seems to be no fix for it. It is such an important thing and I have no idea MS hasn�t fixed it yet. I had a Lumia 920 up until 3 months ago and I had backed up all of my SMS�s in to my outlook.com account. 3 months ago I have got a Z10 and I could not find any way to restore ms text messages from my outlook account onto my Z10. Is there anyone who has a fix for this?

I would be so grateful for any information.

Many thanks...
    Nothing to fix really. MS never supported restoring to Blackberry, at least never did SMS.
    02-28-15 08:41 AM
    No. I can individually select and copy the SMS�s but no option to export or anything like that. When I inser my sim into my old Lumia and sign up with my MS account, I can retrieve all the messages but I cannot transfer them to PC or exportthem in any way. This is such an important feature. I don�t understand how MS won�t allow people to transfer their messages. Their support team is also non existent. No replies from anybody until now.
    02-28-15 10:59 AM
    No. I can individually select and copy the SMS�s but no option to export or anything like that. When I inser my sim into my old Lumia and sign up with my MS account, I can retrieve all the messages but I cannot transfer them to PC or exportthem in any way. This is such an important feature. I don�t understand how MS won�t allow people to transfer their messages. Their support team is also non existent. No replies from anybody until now.
    Well it's their reason to keep you on their operating system
    Try to see if you can download an app to export from your lumia to an xml
    There is a 3 dollar app which will allow you to import xml into blackberry
    02-28-15 11:05 AM
    What a ridiculous mistake I made by getting that crappy phone in the first place. I think that is the only way they can keep customers on their OS. Btw, do you know what is that app called? I may give it a try.

Thanks...
    02-28-15 12:45 PM