I'd like short messages to a single recipient with no attachments to go out as SMS. I'd also like any messages sent in a group conversation, or long messages, or messages with attachments to go out as MMS.

What happens now is if I have "Send Text-Only Messages as SMS" then the former works, but in group conversations each participant gets a direct SMS to them, so it does not appear in the group. If I have "Send Text-Only Messages as MMS" then the latter works fine but all simple/short SMS messages go out as MMS.

Am I using it incorrectly in some way? This seems to be basic functionality that I've had for years with various phones but I can't get it to function properly on BB10. I have a Q10 with 10.3.0.1154, and the behavior was the same when I had 10.2.0.xxxx.

Thanks!
    10-01-14 11:35 AM
    Are you checking the box?
    SMS and MMS are a mess, am I using it wrong?-img_20141001_131647_edit.png

Attachment 302152

Unchecking =

Attachment 302156
    10-01-14 12:17 PM
    Hi, thanks for the reply. I am the original author, just got an account..

I haven't seen that box before. Is it equivalent to naming a chat?

When I compose a new message to multiple recipients, that box doesn't appear. Usually I do not initiate a group message, and instead I am one of the recipients.

I switched it to Auto and entered a previous group chat. At the top it says Broadcast (5), and only puts MMS under that if I attempt to attach something, but otherwise it is intending to send a single SMS to all in the chat.
    10-01-14 02:25 PM
    Are you on bbos or bb10?

Posted via CB10
    10-01-14 07:29 PM
    Are you on bbos or bb10?

Posted via CB10
    He wrote that he is on 10.3

Posted via the awesome power of BlackBerry 10 on one of my lovely devices probably my beautiful beast called Z30 or my great Q10 or my lovely Z10
    10-01-14 07:30 PM
    Hi, thanks for the reply. I am the original author, just got an account..

I haven't seen that box before. Is it equivalent to naming a chat?

When I compose a new message to multiple recipients, that box doesn't appear. Usually I do not initiate a group message, and instead I am one of the recipients.

I switched it to Auto and entered a previous group chat. At the top it says Broadcast (5), and only puts MMS under that if I attempt to attach something, but otherwise it is intending to send a single SMS to all in the chat.
    I get that box when I do group texts object my z30. I never check it though. I hate it when ci workers with iPhone send group texts and I have to get everyone's response. It's rather annoying, however I do see the use if you DID want everyone to see the whole conversation.

Posted via CB10
    10-01-14 07:44 PM