All the Skype calls get disconnected when I answer on passport? Is it just me or anyone else also face the same issue? Any solutions ?

Posted via CB10
    01-06-15 04:14 AM
    All the Skype calls get disconnected when I answer on passport? Is it just me or anyone else also face the same issue? Any solutions ?

Posted via CB10
    Skype is notoriously glitch on any BB10 device. For some it works perfectly, for others it's simply annoying, and for some it just doesn't work at all. It's the result of a lazy port. Try loading the Android version from Snap, a friend of mine has said it works perfectly, I haven't tried it myself as I have Skype on 3 other devices where it works perfectly well.

For me, Skype started out working very well, especially over a 3 week period where I was calling my sister in the UK daily as she went through a bit of a rough patch. After that no-one can hear me when I place or receive calls, I can hear them perfectly well. I've deleted and reloaded the app 3 times now and it doesn't fix the issue so I gave up.

The problem is Microsoft may think that they can get away with this on BB10 but all they're doing is putting off some who would upgrade their accounts if only the app worked properly. Cheapening out on the app has proven to be a false economy for them and is coming back to bite them in the ****. I won't upgrade my account unless I know that Skype will work on all my devices, until then international calling cards are doing a great job.
    anon(9194980) likes this.
    01-06-15 07:31 AM
    No problem on my Passport.
    01-06-15 07:32 AM
    Skype is rubbish on my passport. Simply doesn't work. It crashes and closes within 5 seconds every time I log in. Any ideas on how to download the android port (workble) version?

Posted via CB10
    01-13-15 03:24 AM
    Skype is rubbish on my passport. Simply doesn't work. It crashes and closes within 5 seconds every time I log in. Any ideas on how to download the android port (workble) version?

Posted via CB10

Anybody have any resolution for this problem?
    01-15-15 06:21 PM
    I have a Q5 and a Z30.

Skype installed from BB App World has 'never' worked properly on Q5 but runs okay on the Z30.

On Q5 side loaded Skype via Snap works alright (I can't figure out why).

Maybe you could try the Snap/ Playstore version.

CB10 @ Q5
    01-15-15 06:52 PM