Hello

I thought that the PKB was the core fibre of my BB loyalty.

I took delivery of a Priv last year but returned it the same day. I was under pressure with several deadlines and did not have time to go through the learning curve. I do not use all the features on my phone but I couldn't get most of the basics to work as I was used to with my Q10 from the get go. Je suis old git.

The other issue with the Priv was the size. I do not want my mobile device to be so HUGE. I do not even want the girth of a Passport. My Qute10 is about the perfect size for me. I have a laptop and an iPad for bigger screen stuff.

I have spent hours this AM combing through the forums trying to find a clue as to where things BB are headed and I am still Clueless of Cleethorpes.

Since making the original post, I have now discovered that the Classic is actually a current model where I had been under the impression it had expired.

My questions are therefore:

Will the Classic be the last BB10 device?

Is the Classic as good as the Q10?

Can an Android device be made the size of a Q10/Classic? Does it de facto have to be a slab?

Will BB re-engineer the Classic PKB device in Android?

How much longer will BB support BB10?

Should I buy a few Classics or unused Q10s for future use?

I feel like I am being dragged inexorably towards an iPhone; my current Qute10 is beginning to end its full functionality, we now have the WasApp debacle and I want to stay loyal and keep the ship BB afloat but they are not helping us to help them.

Thanks
    Last edited by jrfurank; 09-21-16 at 05:35 AM.
    09-21-16 04:09 AM
    Hello

I thought that the PKB was the core fibre of my BB loyalty.

I took delivery of a Priv last year but returned it the same day. I was under pressure with several deadlines and I did not have time to go through the learning curve. I do not use all the features on my phone but I couldn't get any of the basics to work anything how I was used to with my Q10 from the get go. Je suis old git.

The other issue with the Priv was the size. I do not want my mobile device to be so HUGE. I do not even want the girth of a Passport. My Qute10 is about the perfect size for me. I have a laptop and an iPad for bigger screen stuff.

I have spent hours this AM combing through the forums trying to find a clue as to where things BB are headed and I am still Clueless of Cleethorpes.

My questions are:

Can an Android device be made the size of a Q10/Classic?

Will BB release a replacement of the Q10/Classic PKB devices in either BB10 and/or Android?

How much longer will BB support BB10? Should I buy a few unopened Q10s on Ebay?

I feel like I am being dragged inexorably towards an iPhone; my current Qute10 is beginning to end its full functionality, we now have the WasApp debacle and I want to stay loyal and keep the ship BB afloat but they are not helping us to help them.

Thanks
    You are never going to see an android the size of a Q10
    The rumoured Rome will still be a little longer than the classic
    BlackBerry is very unlikely to release any other BB10 phone
    BlackBerry isn't really supporting BB10 in any way
    Only 2 OS updates have been announced and both just have security certifications and no new features.
    If you buy the Q10 buy it knowing that no features are going to be added and it will work as long as it's working
    Also if you are dependent on android apps on your Q, the ART is never going to get an update so many apps may stop working after some time (when they decide to update the app beyond Android 4.3)

Z30STA100-2/10.3.2.2876
    09-21-16 05:36 AM
    Thanks Amritv

Do you know the probable dimensions of the Rome? Does it have a keyboard? Is this one of the devices that may be announced at the end of this month?
    09-21-16 05:40 AM
    Thanks Amritv

Do you know the probable dimensions of the Rome? Does it have a keyboard? Is this one of the devices that may be announced at the end of this month?
    Difficult to say probable dimensions
    Expect it to the same length as the DTEK50 since it's rumoured to have a 4.5 inch screen with a keyboard
    Yes it will have a keyboard
    No its not the device that might be announced at the end of this month
    That's the DTEK60

Z30STA100-2/10.3.2.2876
    09-21-16 07:11 AM