I am trying to find something easily accessible where I can make lists of task on my desktop using outlook that I can sync with my Blackberry Passport before leaving for work and also sync when I return at the end of the day syncing changes I made on my device during the day with my desktop.
    01-15-16 04:37 AM
    What type of email are you using? It's 2016: Outlook sync was made as a workaround for POP email accounts that were much more common back in the early 2000's. Any Microsoft email (live.com, hotmail.com, outlook.com, or an Office 365 hosted email address) will give you a fully capable Exchange mail account that will sync everything. There are also other providers that offer EAS style mail, including many web hosting companies.

Outlook was built as a front end for Microsoft's Exchange client so some of its features are only available from an Exchange connected account. Older devices had enough hooks that could mimic some of the fields but Exchange has become much more complex and the old hooks and calls that worked with Exchange 2000 or 2003 just aren't valid and have likely been removed or deprecated by Microsoft. Technology has moved on from the equivalent of serial cable syncing.

Posted via CB10
    01-15-16 04:58 AM