I've been having a hell of a time with my Z10 on the Koodo network.

I bought the phone (which was locked to Tbaytel, purchased an unlock code, when I check the settings it says it is unlocked, but when I insert the Koodo sim card it says "SIM not compatible."

Sometimes I can receive/send a text, and sometimes I can make/receive a call. Most times I cannot. It will appear as if I've successfully sent a text but later I will receive a "general problem" notice below the text.

I've called Koodo three times, visited the store twice. When I'm there for whatever reason the phone will be in a period when it CAN recieve and make calls.

No one can figure out why this is happening. Any suggestions?

Is it possible that the phone is not totally unlocked? Is that even a thing?
    08-22-14 10:44 AM
    Wow that is weird. I know you posted this awhile ago...any luck?
    10-13-14 07:41 PM
    Partial unlocks in a sense do exist (MEP2/MEP4 vs. just one of the two,) but if the phone works sometimes, that means it's unlocked. I can think of two possible reasons:

-You have poor Koodo coverage in these places where actions do not complete. Koodo is Telus' subsidiary, so it's possible they still run CDMA in Thunder Bay, with very little HSPA+ and/or LTE deployment.

-You have a model of the Z10 that's only partially compatible with Koodo--the STL100-2. Telus uses band 4 for LTE, and bands 2 and 5 for HSPA+. Out of these three, the STL100-2 (assuming that's what you have) has only UMTS band 5 for HSPA+
    10-13-14 08:24 PM
    Partial unlocks in a sense do exist (MEP2/MEP4 vs. just one of the two,) but if the phone works sometimes, that means it's unlocked. I can think of two possible reasons:

-You have poor Koodo coverage in these places where actions do not complete. Koodo is Telus' subsidiary, so it's possible they still run CDMA in Thunder Bay, with very little HSPA+ and/or LTE deployment.

-You have a model of the Z10 that's only partially compatible with Koodo--the STL100-2. Telus uses band 4 for LTE, and bands 2 and 5 for HSPA+. Out of these three, the STL100-2 (assuming that's what you have) has only UMTS band 5 for HSPA+
    Knew I could count on you to answer...

Posted via CB10
    raino likes this.
    10-13-14 08:33 PM