I am almost hopeless with my Classic's battery life. I did everything, from hard reset to everything. It cannot keep up for a decent 6-hours on a single charge. I am running out of patience, Saturday I put it on airplane mode and shut up everything, just to help me through the day but it kept getting lower and lower even with battery saving mode.

Any help? Because I seriously am thinking to switch. And please if you just want to tell me that on your side the phone battery is great then good for you. I need help here. Thank You.

Silly Battery life on my BlackBerry Classic-img_20150506_112105.png

Posted via CB10
    05-06-15 04:26 AM
    Exchange it for a new Classic!

Posted via CB10
    05-06-15 04:31 AM
    Just for record it's 36% now

Silly Battery life on my BlackBerry Classic-img_20150506_113114.png

4%in just minutes

Posted via CB10
    05-06-15 04:31 AM
    Exchange it for a new Classic!

Posted via CB10
    And the point would be? I have it for less than 2 months...

Posted via CB10
    05-06-15 04:37 AM
    Do you have any android app's installed? You may have one that is running in the background and killing your battery life. I had this problem with Skype in the past. I have a Z10 STL100-2 which as we all know does not have the greatest battery so I use every trick and with the latest BB10 upgrade it is better. So that is my suggestion as to where to look first if you have not done that already. Rocking 24-7 with my Z10 & 64GB PlayBook
    05-06-15 04:42 AM
    Surely this must be a faulty battery and so a warranty issue?
    05-06-15 05:00 AM
    Which OS is running on your phone? Update it to 10.3.1.2744.

Posted via CB10
    TJKGT likes this.
    05-06-15 05:10 AM
    Looks more like a faulty battery. Get the phone replaced under warranty.

Posted from the CB10 app on my BlackBerry Z30 STA100-2/10.3.1.2576 on O2 UK - Activated on BES10.2.5.6
    05-06-15 05:16 AM
    First check your software. If it's not software (apps,*settings, OS) than exchange that sucker as BerryRipe said. Could be faulty hardware.
    05-06-15 05:22 AM
    Do you have any android app's installed? You may have one that is running in the background and killing your battery life. I had this problem with Skype in the past. I have a Z10 STL100-2 which as we all know does not have the greatest battery so I use every trick and with the latest BB10 upgrade it is better. So that is my suggestion as to where to look first if you have not done that already. Rocking 24-7 with my Z10 & 64GB PlayBook
    Yes I have instagram, the play store, google maps, viber, 500px, ryanair, vueling, easyjet, mooveit, carpooling, truecaller, pulse, Pinterest, we heart it, Etsy, NeuroNation.

Posted via CB10
    05-06-15 05:28 AM
    Show cpu usage in past 12-24 hours

Posted via CB10
    05-06-15 06:18 AM

Posted via CB10
    The point would be to get a phone that doesn't do what this one is doing. That's not normal otherwise these threads would be filled with people complaining. Mine goes all day with battery to spare. In Airplane mode it should go two days.

You described a whole lot of Android apps and google play that many be using some resources. Try deleting Google play or others and see if that makes any difference.

By the way.......a question for you. I just installed Google Play yesterday and since then my google maps app is constantly alerting me that it needs google services....even if I'm not running maps. This never happened before when I was just using snap. Do you have this issue? (I noticed you had maps as well)
    05-06-15 08:19 AM
    I know I ran into similar issues on my Q10 often. It resulted in me having to reinstall the OS on a number of occasions as well as a number of hard resets. Unfortunately, I could never figure out what was causing the significant drop in battery life other than something in the OS would get a bit wonky.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    05-06-15 08:24 AM
    It is likely an app that may be the cause of your battery drain. I have experienced this before with my Classic, but I was able to identify the apps when it happened (it happened on a few separate occasions) and solved my issue. It is not always an android app. I have experienced with BB10 apps as well.
    Posting your cpu usage as requested above may help us identify if this is your issue.

Posted via CB10
    05-06-15 08:26 AM
    Yes I have instagram, the play store, google maps, viber, 500px, ryanair, vueling, easyjet, mooveit, carpooling, truecaller, pulse, Pinterest, we heart it, Etsy, NeuroNation.

Posted via CB10
    ^^ this! You answered your own issue. These apps are battery sucking apps, you couldn't have got a better app catalogue for ruining your phones battery life .
    PlayStore is the main battery killer, followed by the rest(TrueCaller,Viber,Gmaps etc..).
    First, you do a fresh install of OS 10.3.1.2744 using an autoloader from here bit.ly/autoloaders .
    Then install snap, instead of PlayStore.
    Download iGrann/Insta10 for Instagram, substitute native apps instead of android apps and try to avoid using android apps. If it's not on BBW, and if you NEED it, then you can download it, but android apps are battery suckers and will make your phone run slow.

Posted via CB10
    05-06-15 08:47 AM
    Silly Battery life on my BlackBerry Classic-img_20150506_161949.png

Posted via CB10
    05-06-15 09:20 AM
    The point would be to get a phone that doesn't do what this one is doing. That's not normal otherwise these threads would be filled with people complaining. Mine goes all day with battery to spare. In Airplane mode it should go two days.

You described a whole lot of Android apps and google play that many be using some resources. Try deleting Google play or others and see if that makes any difference.

By the way.......a question for you. I just installed Google Play yesterday and since then my google maps app is constantly alerting me that it needs google services....even if I'm not running maps. This never happened before when I was just using snap. Do you have this issue? (I noticed you had maps as well)
    Hey I just had to do that once at the beginning, first time I opened the maps app after installing. Never happened again. Just skipped the process though. That's all I have experienced so far and never happened again.

Posted via CB10
    05-06-15 09:23 AM

Posted via CB10
    If all those are android apps, I personally feel you should instead get an android phone

But this is probably a faulty handset. Get it exchanged.

Posted via CB10
    05-06-15 09:27 AM
    Solution :

Reload OS using BlackBerry link, don't restore from a backup.

Thank me later
    05-06-15 11:00 AM

Posted via CB10
    Well that I didn't know so thanks for sharing that with us now. So how long has the battery been silly?

Posted via CB10
    05-06-15 12:08 PM
    Shouldn't the android app usage show up under themselves or the android player? I don't think it's his battery, because the system usage should be more proportional to everything else.

Not going to say how long my classic lasts, but it would make the OP cry.
    05-06-15 12:22 PM
    I saw my phone going battery crazy with lots of android app installed (holiday gift and promo) and the android player wasn't showing much app usage (I had plenty of free space too, more than 60 % was free space), but I think the system itself have hard time indexing the android stuff (maybe?). anyway as soon as I went from 20 to 5 app (lots of them were game) now my phone is getting through the day without charging (I have a z10 right now, they are known to be bad on battery).

PS: all this was without running the android apps, just having them installed.
    05-06-15 02:06 PM
    Looks like you have a problem with a android app. Standby usage and system should not be that high.

Posted via CB10
    05-07-15 02:51 AM
    Check if you have diagnostics turned on. (Settings > Security & Privacy > Diagnostics)
    If you do, turn it off.
    Can have a big impact on battery.

Posted via CB10
    05-07-15 04:44 AM
    Hi everyone, I just deleted Google Play and a couple of apps and back to normal... thank you a lot for your help!

Posted via CB10
    BerryRipe and AcADIeN like this.
    05-07-15 06:37 AM
27 12