So I recently bought for a decent price a used 9900, as I had always wanted to try it out. On my older 9700 and 9800 I had installed Sid Meier's Pirates, which I bought the full version back in 2010. Last time I installed it on said devices was about two or three months ago.

However, now when I go on BlackBerry World on the 9900 it doesn't show the game in the uninstalled section, nor can I find it by manually searching for it. Does anyone know if it was finally taken down from BB World or if it's not supported on OS 7 (the 9900 has 7.1)?

Is there any other way to get it on the 9900? I still have it installed on the 9800, can I extract the file from it? Would contacting Concrete (the game's developer) help?

I know it's an old game, but I really enjoy playing it now and then. Wish they would make a version for BB10 (or at least something similar), so I could have it on my Z30...

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Loved the Q10 but now it's Z30 power time!!!
    09-27-14 09:07 AM
    I would contact the dev but it appears to no longer be in BBW. You can extract it from your old phone using several methods.

here is an old guide but not sure if its still works

http://forums.crackberry.com/tips-ho...updated-53201/

This i know was the way i always did it

http://bbsak.org/
    I would contact the dev but it appears to no longer be in BBW. You can extract it from your old phone using several methods.

**Updated**How To Back-up 3rd Party Applications**Updated

JG_Agustin likes this.
    09-27-14 09:47 AM

**Updated**How To Back-up 3rd Party Applications**Updated

Thanks, I will give it a try in the following week and let you know how it goes. Perhaps it will be the ideal option since the app would be pulled from the 9800 (as it happens on BB10 devices). I hope it does, cause after surfing the Web and finally finding a link that opens the game on BB World, it unfortunately shows as unavailable for the 9900...

I have also contacted Concrete and asked if there is any workaround. Likewise, I asked if they planned to release something similar for BB10, let's see what they answer.

Otherwise, it seems I'll have to stick with both the 9900 and 9800 as backup devices, if I want to keep this game...

09-28-14 01:51 PM
    Update: It seems hope is lost. I've tried both methods and actually managed to get the game's icon on the 9900 (backed up both from the 9700 and the 9800). Unfortunately, when I open it a black screen appears and the game doesn't load.

No idea what else to try. I've contacted Concrete for the third time, no answer as of today. Let's hope this time they do.

At this point, my only viable option seems to be to get a used 9800 for cheap (I've sold the one from where I got the backup).

Does anyone know if the game would run on the 9810 Torch 2?

Last edited by JG_Agustin; 11-26-14 at 10:37 PM.
    11-26-14 09:44 PM